Rotate project and Flipping status changing

This forum is for general discussion about Aspire
djbeam
Model of CNC Machine: cnc shark pro

Rotate project and Flipping status changing

Post by djbeam »

I am using the rotate ability for the first time, but I am noticing that my resultant .tap code very often creates a mirror image ..

Apon investigation, I see the job dimensions page is always reverting to "flip"

How do I get the default to be non-flip.

Don

gregk
Vectric Staff
Model of CNC Machine: None

Re: Rotate project and Flipping status changing

Post by gregk »

I'm not sure if I understand the bit about the flip. There is flip direction option on double-sided jobs, is that what you're referring to?

In general what you see in 2D/3D view is what you should get on the output. Are you swapping X & Y axis perhaps?

Greg K

Adrian
Vectric Archimage
Model of CNC Machine: ShopBot PRS Alpha 96x48

Post by Adrian »

I think he is referring to a Rotary job. The Flip Design check box under Orientation always seems to stay set no matter what the previous setting was unlike other settings on the Job Setup.

gregk
Vectric Staff
Model of CNC Machine: None

Post by gregk »

Thanks Adrian, that makes sense.

I will have a look at fixing that 'Flip design' option. But in any case, that option has only any effect while in the Job Setup form and only if you change the job orientation. Normally you want to have that checked, so when you change orientation the job follows. The option to switch that of is only provided for cases where your design is already in the correct orientation, but the software is using the other orientation.

If you get mirroring on the rotary job, it is most likely due to wiring of the 4th axis and/or settings in the post-processor. Most likely software outputs toolpaths assuming that the 4th axis will rotate clockwise, but in reality it is rotating anti-clockwise.

If you could mention which machine, control software and post-processor you're using so we can help you fix the issue.
Greg K

neilgill
Vectric Apprentice
Model of CNC Machine: Axiom AR8+ with Rotary

Post by neilgill »