Toolpath

This forum is for general discussion about Aspire
metaforedavid
Model of CNC Machine: Laguna Smartshop M 5'x10'

Toolpath

Post by metaforedavid »

When I draw a rectangle, let's say .375 x 20. When I go to create a pocket toolpath with a .375 endmill and then preview the toolpath it
think the diameter of the tool is to big or it will only create a toolpath at the beginning and the end, drilling straight down. I've checked the tool parameters and checked the width is .375. When I do multiple rectangles it will do some of the toolpaths correct and others it doesn't create a toolpath for. Can someone please help with this problem.
David Martin
LTL Construction

FixitMike
Vectric Wizard
Model of CNC Machine: Shark Pro Plus (retired)

Re: Toolpath

Post by FixitMike »

When the tool and the pocket are the same width, the program may think the pocket is not wide enough to fit the tool due to program rounding errors. You can lie to it and say the tool is .374" diameter, but it will take 2 passes instead of the one which would do the job. Better is to draw a vector down the center of the pocket and Profile On the vector.
Good judgement comes from experience.
Experience comes from bad judgement.

Adrian
Vectric Archimage
Model of CNC Machine: ShopBot PRS Alpha 96x48

Post by Adrian »

I created a gadget for just this purpose to avoid having to redraw all the rectangles as straight lines for a Profile toolpath. You will need a non-desktop version of the software to use it though.

https://gadgets.vectric.com/V10/dado_creator.html

metaforedavid
Model of CNC Machine: Laguna Smartshop M 5'x10'

Post by metaforedavid »

Ok thanks for the help.
David Martin
LTL Construction