This forum is for general discussion about Aspire
BillK
Vectric Wizard
Model of CNC Machine: CNC Shark Pro Plus

Post by BillK »

So seems like a lot of turmoil. Do I buy 10.5 now or wait a bit longer? Looks like marketing got ahead of the beta testing. New features look great, but I don’t need them if there are still problems.
BillK
https://www.facebook.com/CarvingsByKurtz

martin54
Vectric Archimage
Model of CNC Machine: Gerber 48, Triac PC, Isel fixed gantry

Re: 10.5

Post by martin54 »

If you read the posts it would seem that most of the problems have been centred around post processors rather than the software itself, as with any new version there will be things that need to be fixed, you can't cover every eventuallity with Beta testing no matter how much you would like to.
There are those that want to upgrade straight away & those that would rather wait a while so if there are problems then most of them will be fixed. I am generally in the first camp, any problems are generally sorted pretty quickly by Vectric. The post processor problems haven't affected me because I don't use GRBL based control software :lol: :lol:

I believe any problems with shark PP have either been sorted or people are just using the PP from V10

dealguy11
Vectric Wizard
Model of CNC Machine: Anderson Selexx 510,24x48 GCnC/WinCNC

Re: 10.5

Post by dealguy11 »

I agree with Martin. If you're concerned about the post-processor issue, just copy the ones you were using in V10. That's what I'd do anyway -- why install a new post-processor if you have one that already works? It's not like you'll get any new features.

Otherwise, I've been using 10.5 fairly intensely and it seems to be working well for me.
Steve Godding
Not all who wander (or wonder) are lost