Trackball Question

This forum is for general discussion about Aspire
martindg
Vectric Craftsman
Model of CNC Machine: Onefinity X-50 Woodworker

Trackball Question

Post by martindg »

I find that I prefer a trackball when using 3D software such as Aspire or other software. I'm currently using a Logitech 570 trackball and I'm having intermittent issues with the scroll wheel zoom function kicking into hyperdrive where the zoom process is greatly accelerated and hard to control. It doesn't happen all of the time but when it does the only why I've found to stop it is to restart the software. I've seen this happen in both Aspire and Fusion. I though it was a bad trackball unit so I purchased a new one and the same thing continues to happen with the new one. I cannot find a setting in either Windows and the Logitech software that will stop this. Does this issue ring a bell with anyone? I would also ask for those who use trackball-type units what do you recommend. Thanks.

SteveNelson46
Vectric Wizard
Model of CNC Machine: Camaster Stinger 1

Re: Trackball Question

Post by SteveNelson46 »

I use the Logitech M570 trackball also but I have the scroll wheel set to "Middle Mouse Button and use the keyboard for zoom. In recent years I have found that quality of Logitech mice has greatly diminished over the years and I have had to replace the mouse or trackball more often than I would like to. Your issue could be due to a number of things. Maybe a conflict with the mouse and keyboard settings and the Logitech Options program. Have you tried updating it or installing the latest version?
Steve

MiloScott
Vectric Apprentice
Model of CNC Machine: Legacy Maverick

Post by MiloScott »

I use a Logitech 570 trackball. This is the third one over several years. I don't use Logitech software, just let Windows load generic support driver. Everything works as expected. Just checked Aspire zoom, (version 10.503) works well. My biggest complaint is the "bearing" material supporting the trackball wears out.

gkas
Vectric Wizard
Model of CNC Machine: Aspire, Axiom AR8 Pro+, Axiom 4.2W Laser

Post by gkas »

After many years of professional computing, I've stopped buying Logitech stuff as my preferred option. That's not to say I won't buy a Bluetooth travel mouse on sale for $15, but it had better be heavily discounted. Their quality has dropped quite a bit in the last few years.

Pete Cyr
Vectric Craftsman
Model of CNC Machine: Camaster Stinger II

Post by Pete Cyr »

https://www.newegg.com/perixx-pm-517d-1 ... klink=true

I prefer a corded track mouse. I too have tired of the performance of Logitech.
Ihavethe mouse in the link above and it works well.

martindg
Vectric Craftsman
Model of CNC Machine: Onefinity X-50 Woodworker

Post by martindg »

MiloScott wrote:
Sun Jul 12, 2020 3:31 am
I don't use Logitech software, just let Windows load generic support driver. Everything works as expected.
Thanks for the feedback. After playing around a bit turning over control to the generic Windows drivers seems to be the answer. It looks like the Logitech control software has accommodations for gaming that alters how it works in other applications.