Laser module postprocessor issue

This forum is for general discussion about Aspire
MAXJ
Model of CNC Machine: KRMx02

Re: Laser module postprocessor issue

Post by MAXJ »

Where does Sales and Marketing end, and false advertising start….?

I bought a uSpot OPT laser and attracted it to my CNC Router. Between the GREAT support from the teams at OPT Laser and CSLABS, I got the laser to talk to Mach 3 successfully.

At this stage Vectric brought out the new version 10.5, but I could not justify spending the US $400 on it, as I am only a beginner and don’t use all the features of the program. However when I saw this promotion clip on Facebook, all my questions was answered, or so I thought.
https://www.facebook.com/vectric/videos ... 006666829/

Here was a 3D engraving being lasered, and to top it all, there is my OPT laser in the clip. I tried to load the trial laser version to test it, but you have to have Version 10.5 to be able to run it… Looking at the “ What laser hardware is compatible with the laser module?” section it stated OPT Laser. So I pressed the upgrade button and also bought the laser module, thinking all is going to be good now.

When I tried to do the first laser path, to test my setup, I was expecting to find a post processor for my laser, but it was not there. I emailed Vectric support and this was the reply
Hello,
I am afraid we do not: at our office, our Laser uses its own proprietary software to send to the machine.
Initially we aim to support the following machine tools (and controllers) using the most common commercially available solid-state laser diode modification kits.
X-Carve (GRBL)
Shapeoko (GRBL)
Nextwave - Nextwave Laser Controller
OpenBuilds (GRBL)
Please see the FAQ on our website for full details of our tested & supported configurations. We will be adding other machines and controllers to this supported list over time.
Other similar machines or controllers may work. The trial editions will allow you to test your machine configuration before you purchase.
Please note, however, that we are unable to provide support for other configurations at this time.
Regards,
Adam moran”
And then Vectric support sends me a email asking me to rate there support……??

This is where I wholeheartedly agree with ZipperHead55 comments
Live and learn I guess. I guess that money (for the laser module) was poorly spent and I'll have to crack the wallet open to buy the other laser software software and wait until Vectric provides support for other laser packages.
It's been over a month. It seems many companies are good at SELLING a product, but not so great at SUPPORTING their products.
But it is not only the cost of the laser module it is also the cost of the upgrade to 10.5.

It should not be up the the friendly and very helpful members on this forum, that volunteer there time knowledge and experience to get this issue fixed. The Vectric support team should get it sorted out and in a timely manner.

gkas
Vectric Wizard
Model of CNC Machine: Aspire, Axiom AR8 Pro+, Axiom 4.2W Laser

Post by gkas »

MAXJ wrote:
Sun Aug 30, 2020 1:09 am
Where does Sales and Marketing end, and false advertising start….?

I bought a uSpot OPT laser and attracted it to my CNC Router. Between the GREAT support from the teams at OPT Laser and CSLABS, I got the laser to talk to Mach 3 successfully.

At this stage Vectric brought out the new version 10.5, but I could not justify spending the US $400 on it, as I am only a beginner and don’t use all the features of the program. However when I saw this promotion clip on Facebook, all my questions was answered, or so I thought.

Here was a 3D engraving being lasered, and to top it all, there is my OPT laser in the clip. I tried to load the trial laser version to test it, but you have to have Version 10.5 to be able to run it… Looking at the “ What laser hardware is compatible with the laser module?” section it stated OPT Laser. So I pressed the upgrade button and also bought the laser module, thinking all is going to be good now.
When I tried to do the first laser path, to test my setup, I was expecting to find a post processor for my laser, but it was not there. I emailed Vectric support and this was the reply
Hello,
I am afraid we do not: at our office, our Laser uses its own proprietary software to send to the machine.
Initially we aim to support the following machine tools (and controllers) using the most common commercially available solid-state laser diode modification kits.
X-Carve (GRBL)
Shapeoko (GRBL)
Nextwave - Nextwave Laser Controller
OpenBuilds (GRBL)
Please see the FAQ on our website for full details of our tested & supported configurations. We will be adding other machines and controllers to this supported list over time.
Other similar machines or controllers may work. The trial editions will allow you to test your machine configuration before you purchase.
Please note, however, that we are unable to provide support for other configurations at this time.
Regards,
Adam moran”
And then Vectric support sends me a email asking me to rate there support……??

This is where I wholeheartedly agree with ZipperHead55 comments
Live and learn I guess. I guess that money (for the laser module) was poorly spent and I'll have to crack the wallet open to buy the other laser software software and wait until Vectric provides support for other laser packages.
It's been over a month. It seems many companies are good at SELLING a product, but not so great at SUPPORTING their products.
But it is not only the cost of the laser module it is also the cost of the upgrade to 10.5.

It should not be up the the friendly and very helpful members on this forum, that volunteer there time knowledge and experience to get this issue fixed. The Vectric support team should get it sorted out and in a timely manner.

Why is everyone complaining about this? Vectric has repeatedly said to TEST THE LASER MODULE BEFORE YOU BUY. https://www.vectric.com/free-trial/laser-module

Folks do no research, then complain that the company does not support them. I have an Axiom CNC with laser. When the module came out it was not hard to find that my laser/CNC combination are not yet supported. I didn't buy the laser extension. Simple, with no complaints.

Adrian
Vectric Archimage
Model of CNC Machine: ShopBot PRS Alpha 96x48

Post by Adrian »

MAXJ wrote:
Sun Aug 30, 2020 1:09 am

You don't have to buy 10.5 to test the laser module though which is what you seem to be implying in your post. It works with the trial version of Aspire and VCarve so there is no need to purchase any software to test the laser module.

ZipperHead55
Vectric Craftsman
Model of CNC Machine: Axiom AR4Pro+ and AR8Pro+

Post by ZipperHead55 »

Why is everyone complaining about this? Vectric has repeatedly said to TEST THE LASER MODULE BEFORE YOU BUY. https://www.vectric.com/free-trial/laser-module

Folks do no research, then complain that the company does not support them. I have an Axiom CNC with laser. When the module came out it was not hard to find that my laser/CNC combination are not yet supported. I didn't buy the laser extension. Simple, with no complaints.
Since you bring it up, I think I managed to create a working PostProcessor for the Jtech/Endurance laser (I have the Endurance, but allegedly it's the same wiring and operation). I'd share it with you, but since I didn't do any research, and you so graciously turned down my GENEROUS offer to help me with writing one, so I think I'd have to charge at least $40 (that seems more generous for my time and research in getting it working) to do so. Fair's fair, right?

Essdubbya
Model of CNC Machine: Axiom AR8 Pro

Post by Essdubbya »

Anyone have any success with UCCNC and Mach3 using 6W Optlaser? My machine is an Axiom AR8Pro+ controlled by UCCNC on PC.

Len-Tikular
Vectric Wizard
Model of CNC Machine: Home made revision 3

Post Processor for Mach4 and ESS Smoothstepper.

Post by Len-Tikular »

Any news on a PP for MAch4 with an Endurance Laser.
I'm running Aspire 10.5 with Mach4 via an ESS Smoothstepper.
Len-Tikular (A glider pilots dream cloud)

Aspire 10.5
Mach4 Hobby
Ess Smoothstepper + C11g+C10s