Aspire V10.5 is OUT NOW!

This forum is for general discussion about Aspire
Stephanie Downing
Vectric Staff
Model of CNC Machine: xxx

Aspire V10.5 is OUT NOW!

Post by Stephanie Downing »

Aspire Version 10.5 is available now!

We are delighted to announce the release of Aspire V10.5!

Version 10.5 is a free upgrade to everyone who has purchased or upgraded to version 10!

If you are running version 10, your free upgrade has been credited to your V&Co account automatically. To access your 10.5 software, simply sign into your V&CO account using your registered email address and click on ‘DOWNLOAD your software’.
https://portal.vectric.com/

Alternatively, if you are not entitled to a free upgrade, you can purchase the upgrade to version 10.5 for $400 USD. To take a look at all of the new and enhanced features released in version 10 and 10.5 head over to our website here: https://www.vectric.com/upgrade/aspire

To see all of the new and enhanced features in action, click below to watch our 20 minute ‘what’s new in Aspire’ video.

Version 10.5 has some impressive enhancements to existing features, as well as some exciting brand-new features including;
  • Drag Snipping - You can interactively snip overlapping vectors simply by dragging your mouse along the intersections you want to remove! Meaning you no longer have to click on each individual span, making the process much quicker.
  • Improved Polyline Tool - We have improved the way in which the 'draw polyline' tool works, where you now have the added option to draw in bezier spans interactively, enabling you to create smooth and straight lines from within the same tool and dynamically adjust the curvature of your smooth curves.
  • Dynamic setting of rectangle corner radii in the 2D view - When you’re in the rectangle form you can dynamically adjust the radii by dragging the corners inside or outside of the shape.
  • Improved sharp corner offsetting - We've made improvements to the way that we handle sharp corners when we offset vectors to give results which are more visually pleasing.
  • Improved Level Clipping workflow - It is now much easier to adjust your clipping boundary and change how your model is clipped, where we have added 3 options allowing you to "Apply", "Update" and "Remove" a clipping effect making it much easier to make changes.
  • Two-sided Machining: Copy to the other side in 3D View - When working with 3D items in a double-sided job you can now copy and move components to the other side
  • Shape Creation: New Profiles - We have added in two new shape profiles to increase the profile selection available. With the option to create a concave profile and an "S"-shaped smooth profile. Both of these profiles make for the easy creation of dishes or raised shields in conjunction with the limit to height option.
  • Shape Creation: Blend Mode - Blend to inner vectors is a new option enabling you to create a shape where the selected profile blends from the outer contour to the inner contour.
  • Thread Milling toolpath – This brand new toolpath allows you to machine internal and external threads for standard and custom sized bolts in a variety of materials.
  • Chamfer Toolpath - Is a new toolpath that enables you to easily produce chamfers using v-bits or ball nose tools to create decorative edges. It is also great for creating counter-sunk holes.
  • Multi-Tool pocketing - The pocket toolpath and the female inlay pocket toolpath now support multiple clearance tools for more efficient area clearance.
  • Toolpath Group Improvements - Handling ‘toolpath groups’ has been made much more straightforward. You can now select, save and simulate toolpath groups. Or use them in a toolpath template.
  • Toolpath Tab Auto placement - By default tabs will be positioned to avoid corners and curved regions, minimizing the need for manual adjustment.
  • Toolpath Batch Saving - Now you can output multiple visible toolpaths to separate files in just one click! Along with the ability to output toolpaths together so that you can save your toolpaths in as few files as possible!
  • Stopped repeated retracts and plunges- In the profile toolpath we have stopped repeated retracts and plunges when cutting on open vectors to reduce machining times and make the whole process more efficient.
  • Optimise link-up moves between open contours - We have optimized the link up moves between open contours when the cutting direction doesn't matter allowing for more efficient machining with reduced machining times.
  • Ctrl + Drag in tool database - For ease of use we have added the ability to copy tools in the tool database by simply selecting to the tool along with the CTRL key and dragging your new tool into position ready for editing
  • Add 2D Preview for Moulding toolpath roughing - We’ve made a minor enhancement to the way we preview the moulding toolpath in the 2D view, where we are now able to visualise the clearance toolpath as well as the finish.
  • Calculate All Visible - We have now added in a further right click option to calculate all visible toolpaths allowing you to update only the required toolpaths.
  • Saving Merged Toolpaths in a Toolpath Template - We now have the ability to save a merged toolpath within a toolpath template ensuring that all template jobs that you create retain the parameters originally set out, enabling you to get the next job done efficiently.
  • Job Templates - Save your commonly use file settings, such as width, height and machining parameters as templates.
Everyone running Aspire v10 on a computer with internet access will see an update notification in the top right-hand corner of its main window. Simply click on the notification link, log in to your V&Co account and checkout the latest V10.5 features.

If you run Aspire on a computer without internet access, you can still access your account and download version 10.5 from any other internet enabled computer by visiting the V&Co site directly using your web browser:
https://portal.vectric.com/

Please note: V10.5 is a complete installation that will install alongside and independently of your existing software. Once you've installed V10.5, your previous version will still be available so make sure you are running the latest version by checking the text in the main window title bar (top-left). As soon as you are happy with your update, you can go ahead and uninstall your previous version.

Forgotten your V&Co password?
Just follow the forgotten password link under password entry box on the V&Co login page to reset it.

Forgotten your V&Co username?
This is usually the email address you registered with us when you first purchased your software. If you're still not sure, follow the link to email support and we can help you get back up and running.

Enjoy V10.5 from everyone at Vectric 😊

Savannahdan
Vectric Wizard
Model of CNC Machine: Axiom AR8

Re: Aspire V10.5 is OUT NOW!

Post by Savannahdan »

It would be nice if you added a dryer to quicken the drying time on a project I just completed in the shop. Ha.

Seriously, those are some nice added features. I need to upgrade but budget is extremely tight in our household. Maybe down the pike.

Thank you. You guys are awesome.

Dan

Uncle Bob
Vectric Apprentice
Model of CNC Machine: Legacy Maverick 3x5 ATC

Post by Uncle Bob »

When I try to download the upgrade to 10.5 from 10.022 I get a message saying I am up to date. Aspire says it is still on 10.022 in upper left corner.
How do I get the upgrade?

Thank you.

Bob

grahamar
Model of CNC Machine: Shapeoko 3

Post by grahamar »

Thank you to everyone at Vectric for some great updates to Aspire!

I have to admit my initial reaction was ... "what do I need an update for"... then as I watched the video I thought "oh that's neat.."
and then "Oh that's just so cool" etc etc.

So many of the updates I now realize are going to be very helpful to me. Updating was simple and effective.

I'm looking forward to using the new features!

Thank you

Adrian
Vectric Archimage
Model of CNC Machine: ShopBot PRS Alpha 96x48

Post by Adrian »

Uncle Bob wrote:
Tue Jul 07, 2020 5:01 pm
When I try to download the upgrade to 10.5 from 10.022 I get a message saying I am up to date. Aspire says it is still on 10.022 in upper left corner.
It's a complete new install rather than a patch upgrade. You need to go to your portal account (V&CO) and download the installer for 10.5 from there.

gregk
Vectric Staff
Model of CNC Machine: None

Post by gregk »

Uncle Bob wrote:
Tue Jul 07, 2020 5:01 pm

Thank you.

Bob
You need to download the installer from your V&Co Account.

Greg K

Stephanie Downing
Vectric Staff

Savannahdan wrote:
Tue Jul 07, 2020 4:41 pm
It would be nice if you added a dryer to quicken the drying time on a project I just completed in the shop. Ha.

Seriously, those are some nice added features. I need to upgrade but budget is extremely tight in our household. Maybe down the pike.

Thank you. You guys are awesome.

Dan
Hey Dan,

Ha-ha if only hey!

Thanks for your kind comments on the new release, it's great to have you as part of our community :)

Have a great day!

Stephanie Downing
Vectric Staff

grahamar wrote:
Tue Jul 07, 2020 5:11 pm
Thank you to everyone at Vectric for some great updates to Aspire!

I have to admit my initial reaction was ... "what do I need an update for"... then as I watched the video I thought "oh that's neat.."
and then "Oh that's just so cool" etc etc.

So many of the updates I now realize are going to be very helpful to me. Updating was simple and effective.

I'm looking forward to using the new features!

Thank you
Thank you for your feedback :)

It's makes our team here very happy to hear you had a smooth update process and that you are excited by the new and enhanced features..

Enjoy V10.5 and have a great day!

tajohns
Vectric Craftsman
Model of CNC Machine: Home built + Jtech 7watt Laser

Post by tajohns »

Thanks for the upgrade to 10.5.

When I check the tutorials folder, all that are there is a .jpg picture, no other files.
Where can I down load the tutorial files, specifically the laser files?
Cheers,
Tom

AdamJ
Vectric Staff

Post by AdamJ »

The tutorial broswer for Aspire and particularly the laser files can be found here:

https://www.vectric.com/support/tutoria ... gory=Laser

Cheers,
Adam

moneypit
Model of CNC Machine: HD5 Extended Bed

Post by moneypit »

Did the laser module also get released. I upgraded and paid for it and have a license, I just don't see the download. So I thought I would check in before driving myself crazy

AdamJ
Vectric Staff

Post by AdamJ »

Hey moneypit,

It did get released. You should have been emailed a licence, but if not then you can always log in to your V&Co account to fetch it. The licence is "attached" to the product you own so you should find it under that listing. It can be installed by using the Help > Enter Licence Code menu item

Let me know if you are still having trouble getting it,

Cheers,
Adam

moneypit
Model of CNC Machine: HD5 Extended Bed

Post by moneypit »

Got it Thank you very much

tajohns
Vectric Craftsman
Model of CNC Machine: Home built + Jtech 7watt Laser

Post by tajohns »

AdamJ wrote:
Tue Jul 07, 2020 6:36 pm
The tutorial broswer for Aspire and particularly the laser files can be found here:

https://www.vectric.com/support/tutoria ... gory=Laser

Cheers,
Adam
Thank you!
Cheers,
Tom

Fast44
Model of CNC Machine: Shark HD Version 2.0

Post by Fast44 »

What happened to the CNCShark Post Processors?