This forum is for general discussion about Aspire
Stephanie Downing
Vectric Staff
Model of CNC Machine: xxx

Re: 10.5 is COMING SOON - Watch this space

Post by Stephanie Downing »

Sneak peek 👀

COMING SOON to 10.5 - Shape Creation: Blend Mode 🎉

Create a 3D model by blending a profile from outer contours to inner contours.

ctbjdm
Vectric Apprentice
Model of CNC Machine: TBD

Post by ctbjdm »

Stephanie Downing wrote:
Thu Jul 02, 2020 3:11 pm
The issue you are encountering appears to be as a result of having multiple users accessing the same license, which is in fact a breach of your licence agreement.
I'm just curious (fully license user here, and it doesn't apply to me) - your license agreement states:

(2.2.2) If you share access to one or more of the computers on which you wish to install the licensed Software with other people who may access the licensed Software, the licensed Software can only be installed onto one computer.

This seems to say if you only install it on one computer it can be shared with other users, and thus is not a breach of license?

Mikehell
Vectric Craftsman
Model of CNC Machine: eBay special China 3040

Post by Mikehell »

Stephanie Downing wrote:
Mikehell wrote:
Thu Jul 02, 2020 1:35 pm
Stephanie Downing wrote:
Tue Jun 30, 2020 9:41 pm
COMING SOON to version 10.5:

In the profile toolpath we stopped repeated retracts and plunges when cutting on open vectors to reduce machining times and make the whole process more efficient.🎉

Does this mean we have an option to not default every setting to the last one used? That has been a problem for me in the past. Someone goes in and uses the software, changes something from what it was, doesn't tell anyone. Next thing you know you've broken a bit or ruined a piece of stock.
Hi Mike,

The issue you are encountering appears to be as a result of having multiple users accessing the same license, which is in fact a breach of your licence agreement.

Thanks
Stephanie
So, if I have it installed on a computer by the machine, and the Boss goes in and cuts a file after hours, we need a separate license? Even if it is only used on a single machine, with no chance of two people using it at the same time?

The default thing has bit me before from even just being the only guy using the machine and forgetting I changed a setting last time I used it. Example, typically zero my Z from the material surface. Change it to zero on machine bed for a job. Next time I forget. Bit gouges 1/2" into the spoilboard.

Don't even get me started about the copies we have installed at a makerspace I use.

Any way to *easily* reset to factory defaults?

Mikehell
Vectric Craftsman
Model of CNC Machine: eBay special China 3040

Post by Mikehell »

ctbjdm wrote:
Thu Jul 02, 2020 5:20 pm
Stephanie Downing wrote:
I'm just curious (fully license user here, and it doesn't apply to me) - your license agreement states:

(2.2.2) If you share access to one or more of the computers on which you wish to install the licensed Software with other people who may access the licensed Software, the licensed Software can only be installed onto one computer.

This seems to say if you only install it on one computer it can be shared with other users, and thus is not a breach of license?
And what, exactly, is a "user". Are we taking about two different people, or machine accounts? If user A uses the machine and walks away and user B comes along and uses it without logging on to a separate account, is that ok or not ?

Leo
Vectric Wizard
Model of CNC Machine: 1300 x 1300 x 254 Chinese Made

Post by Leo »

yes yes I am liking this :D
Imagine the Possibilities of a Creative mind, combined with the functionality of CNC

AdamJ
Vectric Staff
Model of CNC Machine: None

Post by AdamJ »

Example, typically zero my Z from the material surface. Change it to zero on machine bed for a job. Next time I forget. Bit gouges 1/2" into the spoilboard.
This is actually a great example of how you can use the new Job Templates feature. Just have some standard sized material "templates", but inside you can also pre-set all of the machining parameters so:
  • Set the Z Zero datum so it is always correct.
  • Set different values of retract levels for different machines/jobs
  • Include some common geometry, for example registration holes for two-sided machining
So in this case you might have a template with called, for example, ZeroBed.crv and that would automatically set all those parameters for you. And it always opens on the job setup dialog so you can quickly change the job dimensions if you need to.

It probably won't seem like the most glamorous feature but it is one that I like a lot.

Adam

Stephanie Downing
Vectric Staff

NEW Chamfer Toolpath- COMING SOON in 10.5 🎉

Easily create efficient toolpaths for generating chamfers and countersunk holes.

Take a look here:

martin54
Vectric Archimage
Model of CNC Machine: Gerber 48, Triac PC, Isel fixed gantry

Post by martin54 »

Oh a chamfer toolpath, I can say without any doubt what so ever that I would use that :lol: :lol: :lol:

Stephanie Downing
Vectric Staff

Toolpath Group Improvements - COMING SOON in 10.5

You can now select, save and simulate toolpath groups. Or use them in a toolpath template.

nicksilva
Vectric Craftsman
Model of CNC Machine: ULS M300, Rockler 60th Ann. Shark

Post by nicksilva »

ohiolyons wrote:
Sun Jun 28, 2020 11:54 pm
The .5 version is always free, you will have to pay to upgrade to 10, but 10.5 will not cost anymore.
is this also true if I paid for the upgrade from 8.5 to 10?
I'll definitely be in line either way.
"Out of my mind. Back in 5 Minutes."

Leo
Vectric Wizard
Model of CNC Machine: 1300 x 1300 x 254 Chinese Made

Post by Leo »

nicksilva wrote:
Sun Jul 05, 2020 6:13 pm
ohiolyons wrote:
Sun Jun 28, 2020 11:54 pm
The .5 version is always free, you will have to pay to upgrade to 10, but 10.5 will not cost anymore.
is this also true if I paid for the upgrade from 8.5 to 10?
I'll definitely be in line either way.
NO.

It works like this. Lest say you paid for version 8.0 then Vectric came out with 8.5 The upgrade to 8.5 from 8.0 would be free. Then is Vectric comes out with 9.0 you would need to pay the upgrade price from either 8.0 or 8.5

IF you already bought 10.0 as many of us did when 10.0 came out - only than is 10.5 a free upgrade.
Imagine the Possibilities of a Creative mind, combined with the functionality of CNC

mtylerfl
Vectric Archimage
Model of CNC Machine: -CarveWright CNC -ShopBot Buddy PRSAlpha

Post by mtylerfl »

Anyone who owns a licensed copy of the version 10 software can get the 10.5 version at no additional cost.
Michael Tyler

facebook.com/carvebuddy

-CarveWright CNC
-ShopBot Buddy PRSAlpha CNC

nicksilva
Vectric Craftsman

Post by nicksilva »

mtylerfl wrote:
Sun Jul 05, 2020 7:34 pm
Anyone who owns a licensed copy of the version 10 software can get the 10.5 version at no additional cost.
even an upgrade to 10 is a licensed copy. So it Sounds like the definitive answer is: anyone who bought a NEW version 10.0 at full price gets the free upgrade. Everyone else is a paid upgrade.

mtylerfl
Vectric Archimage
Model of CNC Machine: -CarveWright CNC -ShopBot Buddy PRSAlpha

Post by mtylerfl »

If you own version 10, upgraded from previous version or not, you can get version 10.5 at no additional cost.
Michael Tyler

facebook.com/carvebuddy

-CarveWright CNC
-ShopBot Buddy PRSAlpha CNC

nicksilva
Vectric Craftsman

Post by nicksilva »

mtylerfl wrote:
Sun Jul 05, 2020 10:12 pm
If you own version 10, upgraded from previous version or not, you can get version 10.5 at no additional cost.
Dang! I love these guys!