cut out time in aspire

This forum is for general discussion about Aspire
Ronald Reome
Model of CNC Machine: Probotix Meteor

cut out time in aspire

Post by Ronald Reome »

Hi: I have a question. I made a simple sign. Using only 2 bits. The engraving time was 34:44 min, cut out time was 5min. My problem is the engraving took 2 hours to do. What am I doing wrong? Help? Thank Ron

TReischl
Vectric Wizard
Model of CNC Machine: 8020 48X36X7 RP 2022 UCCNC Screenset

Re: cut out time in aspire

Post by TReischl »

Would help if you showed us what you are doing.

Feedrates? Depth of cut per pass? A lot of detail? Could be anything. Or, if everything is set correctly that is how long it takes. I often do jobs that require over 10 hours of cutting time.

If it will make you feel better, ask yourself how long it would take you to do it by hand and what would it look like when you were done?

Ooops, misread a bit there. Sorry. You need to adjust your scale factor for the time estimate.
"If you see a good fight, get in it." Dr. Vernon Johns

Pete Cyr
Vectric Craftsman
Model of CNC Machine: Camaster Stinger II

Re: cut out time in aspire

Post by Pete Cyr »

You have to adjust time factor in your software to get a more accurate measurement of time to cut.
If you open the Icon for time on the right side (looks like a clock) there is a number that can be edited by the user. This is a quality factor that you can use to adjust Aspires machining time calculation.

You know what the sytem told you machine time was suposed to be and you know how long it actually took
Divide the time it actualltook by the time the system told you it would take and enter that number into the editable field.

34.55 + 5 = aprox 40 min
2 hrs = 120min
120/40 = 3
use 3 a a quality factor

You can change this over time when you have more data to draw on - it will never be exact because of many variables but you can get within 10% regualarly