Darkening Dimensions for Printing

This forum is for general discussion about Aspire
M Farris
Model of CNC Machine: Shopbot PRS Alpha 9648

Darkening Dimensions for Printing

Post by M Farris »

Hey all,
For the last couple of years I have been using Aspire to draw elevations for cabinets and other projects. Although maybe not ideal, I have gotten fairly good and fast at doing the drawings. I then print them or export as a PDF. The dimension lines and measurements are finer and less bold than the drawings. When I print the finished drawings the dimension lines and measurements are so faint they are barely noticeable. Is there a way to darken the dimensions so they will show up when printed?

Thanks,
Mark

Adrian
Vectric Archimage
Model of CNC Machine: ShopBot PRS Alpha 96x48

Re: Darkening Dimensions for Printing

Post by Adrian »

Are you using Adobe Acrobat Reader? It's the settings in the PDF program itself that determine how the lines appear.

Soapyjoe
Vectric Wizard
Model of CNC Machine: Heiz High Z Machine German manufacture

Post by Soapyjoe »

Hi,
Just made a very quick trial
Using Acrobat Reader DC … the print preview looks a little feint but once printed the drawings is very satisfactory.

M Farris
Model of CNC Machine: Shopbot PRS Alpha 9648

Post by M Farris »

Thank You! I downloaded Acrobat Reader and exported the drawing as a PDF as you suggested. It worked great. The printed page shows the dimensions very clearly. I thing I learned was that in order to print the drawing as shown on the Aspire screen I had to set the job size to the same ratio as the 8.5 x 11 printer paper. I attached the drawing I was working on as an example. Thank you again.

Mark
Herneise Living Room Built-in.pdf
(358.91 KiB) Downloaded 118 times

adze_cnc
Vectric Wizard
Model of CNC Machine: AXYZ 4008

Post by adze_cnc »

M Farris wrote:
Sun Mar 29, 2020 2:56 pm
When I print the finished drawings the dimension lines and measurements are so faint they are barely noticeable. Is there a way to darken the dimensions so they will show up when printed?
When printing see if you can change the settings of your printer to print at 300dpi rather than anything higher.