layout newbee

This forum is for general discussion about Aspire
janabutts
Model of CNC Machine: CNC Shark

layout newbee

Post by janabutts »

My machine is small. I would like to machine a premade layout from the labs. How do you rearrange pieces to be machined. I may have to machine individual pieces one or two at a time.

highpockets
Vectric Wizard
Model of CNC Machine: PDJ Pilot Pro

Re: layout newbee

Post by highpockets »

Why not start with the Tutorials on the Vectric website, download each tutorial material, work along with the video and then machine the project? Good learning process.
John
Maker of Chips

martin54
Vectric Archimage
Model of CNC Machine: Gerber 48, Triac PC, Isel fixed gantry

Post by martin54 »

+1 on what John said,just my own opinion but I believe the best way to get the most out of the software is to take the time to work through the tutorials & then move on to the free projects. Download the tutorial files & work alongside the video. The free projects also come with some instruction & many of them have some info on finishing which I found very useful being new to woodworking in general :lol: :lol:
Takes a bit of time but the tutorials will answer a lot of the questions you are bound to have if you are new to the software & CNC :lol: :lol:

janabutts

Post by janabutts »

Thank you for the suggestions. I've been working through the tutorials. I decided to try one of the projects from Beki in the lab. In her tutorial she says move it around if its to large for your machine. That is what I was trying to do. If I could find a specific video to watch I'd be more than happy too! What I've watched I've practiced just have trouble moving their patterns to fit my machine.

highpockets
Vectric Wizard

Post by highpockets »

What one of Biki's lab projects are you trying to work on and how big is the cutting area on you CNC?
John
Maker of Chips

janabutts

Post by janabutts »

My table is 16 x 36 but my gantry does not travel the full length or width of it.

janabutts

Post by janabutts »

Forgot to tell the project. It is Beki's Christmas Beer Caddy.

highpockets
Vectric Wizard

Post by highpockets »

I don't care how big your table is, I asked how big your cutting area is.
John
Maker of Chips

highpockets
Vectric Wizard

Post by highpockets »

Work through the Nesting Guide tutorial.
John
Maker of Chips

janabutts

Post by janabutts »

Thank you for the reply. So sorry didn't realize you wanted the cutting area. No need to be rude! Probably the last time I'll ask for help.

TReischl
Vectric Wizard
Model of CNC Machine: 8020 48X36X7 RP 2022 UCCNC Screenset

Post by TReischl »

janabutts wrote:
Fri Feb 28, 2020 11:45 pm
Thank you for the reply. So sorry didn't realize you wanted the cutting area. No need to be rude! Probably the last time I'll ask for help.
Nah, John is just an old crotchedy curmudgeon like the rest of us. We kicked him in the shins a couple of times and he is good to go for another week or two. They usually have to kick me weekly. We are all much nicer after our naps, trust me.
"If you see a good fight, get in it." Dr. Vernon Johns

highpockets
Vectric Wizard

Post by highpockets »

janabutts wrote:
Fri Feb 28, 2020 11:45 pm
Sorry you took my reply as "rude" it wasn't meant to be rude, terse, maybe. It's hard to help someone when they don't answer the questions asked of them, but decide to offer up a different piece of information that doesn't help solve the OP's original question.
We're all here to try and help each other.

Ted is right though I am a old crotchedy curmudgeon, just like him.... :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
John
Maker of Chips

Mike-S
Vectric Wizard
Model of CNC Machine: Joe's Hybrid 4x4 (but 3x3)

Post by Mike-S »

Many times "Newbees," as you call yourself, don't yet know enough to ask the right question nor answer one that conveys the needed info. This is one of the best boards for solving problems--just ignore John before his morning coffee. :wink:

Anyway, if you do a tight nest and the project pieces still take up more room that your cutting area, you can arrange the pieces on a longer board and do a cut then pull the board through and finish off the rest of the pieces by using an index point. Or just set up two jobs that do fit on your table.

janabutts

Post by janabutts »

Thank you Mike! I'll give it a try.