Welcome to the new and improved Vectric Forum!

This forum is for general discussion about Aspire
dealguy11
Vectric Wizard
Model of CNC Machine: Anderson Selexx 510

Re: Welcome to the new and improved Vectric Forum!

Post by dealguy11 »

I don't think the issue is phones. I'm sitting here with two 24" monitors in front of me right now. The forum is up on my right-hand monitor and it is glaring in my eyes. The odd thing is that Outlook is on my other screen and it also has a white background, but there is more color and the fonts are noticeably easier to read. I can't quantify what the difference is, but the forum screen is uncomfortable to look at in this setting.
Steve Godding
Not all who wander (or wonder) are lost

Mark's Wood Chips
Vectric Craftsman
Model of CNC Machine: ShopSabre 23 with Rotary

Post by Mark's Wood Chips »

I found one issue that may need some attention. I tried to bulk delete 8 of 10 private messages and got this message...

Mark
Attachments
Invalid.JPG

Stephanie Downing
Vectric Staff
Model of CNC Machine: xxx

Post by Stephanie Downing »

Thank you so much to everyone for taking the time to give us your feedback on our updated site.

It's great to hear so many of you are enjoying the new functionality we have added to the forum, in particular the gallery of images.

Of course, we are listening to your feedback and will be sure to consider your suggestions in the next round of updates we do.

Have a great day everyone :)

Stephanie Downing
Vectric Staff

Mark's Wood Chips wrote:
Thu Feb 20, 2020 3:40 pm
I found one issue that may need some attention. I tried to bulk delete 8 of 10 private messages and got this message...

Mark
Hi Mark,

Thanks for bringing this to our attention. We will certainly look into this for you.

*Edit - this issue has now been fixed and you can bulk delete or mark your private messages as you wish. Thanks for letting us know Mark and have a great day.

Thanks
Stephanie

rtibbs
Vectric Wizard
Model of CNC Machine: Shopbot desktop

Post by rtibbs »

Stephanie,
Sit back have a cup of tea, or maybe something a bit stronger, it will calm down. Put two people in the same room and try to get a consensus. :wink:
As we get older we are less and less acceptive to change. I personally like to new look, background is fine on these 77 year old eyes, fills the screen on my 21” monitor. Easy to navigate around and as I stated before, the gallery thumbnails are great.

Life is good here in the colonies :mrgreen:

Ron

TReischl
Vectric Wizard
Model of CNC Machine: 8020 48X36X7 RP 2022 UCCNC Screenset

Post by TReischl »

The issue is that none of us are sitting in the same room looking at the same monitor.

No, that was not a snarky comment by a long shot.

1. Environment. If you are in a darker room then the screen is going to be really bright appearing.

2. Monitor. I have a cheaper monitor but it has a bunch of settings. One of them will make it so dim I cannot read it well in my shop which is pretty well lit. But with the lights out it is great.

3. Browser. That edge issue is a direct result of how the zoom is set in my browser. If I increase the zoom the margins disappear, if I decrease they get bigger and bigger. With the zoom decreased the font also gets smaller and thinner becoming difficult to read. The nice thing is that chrome sets the zoom on a per site basis which I did not know until this morning.

If you are unhappy with the new format you might want to try adjusting some of what I listed above to see if it helps you out.
"If you see a good fight, get in it." Dr. Vernon Johns

SteveNelson46
Vectric Wizard
Model of CNC Machine: Camaster Stinger 1

Post by SteveNelson46 »

Mark's Wood Chips wrote:

Mark
I sent a message to Vectric regarding this problem yesterday.
Steve

SteveNelson46
Vectric Wizard

Post by SteveNelson46 »

I agree with most everyone here on the forum about the look of the new interface. Lots of really nice improvements but, It is a bit garish.
Last edited by SteveNelson46 on Thu Feb 20, 2020 5:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Steve

highpockets
Vectric Wizard
Model of CNC Machine: PDJ Pilot Pro

Post by highpockets »

There's always a different way to skin a cat.
Ted is right, everyone's settings are different and their preferences are also.
Here's a hack for the Firefox browser if you don't like the gray borders. There's an addon for Firefox called "Fixed Zoom" it will allow you to set the zoom factor for individual websites you frequent. Here's an example of the Vectric Forum website on my laptop in 100% zoom and then 130% zoom. With a Fixed Zoom rule setup for the Vectric Forum every time I open the site I automatically get 130% zoom factor.
I'm sure other browsers have a similar addon.
100% zoom
100% zoom
130% zoom
130% zoom
John
Maker of Chips

Stephanie Downing
Vectric Staff

SteveNelson46 wrote:
Thu Feb 20, 2020 5:43 pm
Mark's Wood Chips wrote:

Mark
Thanks Steve.

This issue has been fixed and you are now able to bulk delete or move private messages as you wish.

Have a great day!

SteveNelson46
Vectric Wizard

Post by SteveNelson46 »

Stephanie Downing wrote:
Thu Feb 20, 2020 5:50 pm
SteveNelson46 wrote:
Thu Feb 20, 2020 5:43 pm
Mark's Wood Chips wrote:

Mark
Thanks Steve.

This issue has been fixed and you are now able to bulk delete or move private messages as you wish.

Have a great day!
Wow, great response. Thank you Stephanie.
Steve

SteveNelson46
Vectric Wizard

Post by SteveNelson46 »

I just discovered the "Jump To Top" button in the lower right corner of each message. Now that's really cool.
Steve

Adrian
Vectric Archimage
Model of CNC Machine: ShopBot PRS Alpha 96x48

Post by Adrian »

dealguy11 wrote:
Thu Feb 20, 2020 3:36 pm
I don't think the issue is phones. I'm sitting here with two 24" monitors in front of me right now. The forum is up on my right-hand monitor and it is glaring in my eyes. The odd thing is that Outlook is on my other screen and it also has a white background, but there is more color and the fonts are noticeably easier to read. I can't quantify what the difference is, but the forum screen is uncomfortable to look at in this setting.
I don't have an issue with it on my monitors, it's fine on there as well. I was just mentioning that today was the first day I had used it on my phone and it looked just as good on there as it did on my monitor yesterday. It looks very similar to gmail and facebook to me.

WNC_Ed
Vectric Craftsman
Model of CNC Machine: Shark HD4 AXYZ 4010

Post by WNC_Ed »

Here's a hack for the Firefox browser if you don't like the gray borders. There's an addon for Firefox called "Fixed Zoom" it will allow you to set the zoom factor for individual websites you frequent. Here's an example of the Vectric Forum website on my laptop in 100% zoom and then 130% zoom. With a Fixed Zoom rule setup for the Vectric Forum every time I open the site I automatically get 130% zoom factor.
John, brilliant - thank you - very cool "hack".

As for the new forum - As a human: I HATE CHANGE - but that said -
I for one like the look and certainly like the enhancements. Contrast is not an issue on my eyes.
I definitely appreciate the fact that Vectric is continually improving - I would say the forum is proof that no detail is too small to make better.
So, big THANK YOU to the Vectric team!
Keep up the great work!
Maker of sawdust

adze_cnc
Vectric Wizard
Model of CNC Machine: AXYZ 4008

Post by adze_cnc »

To the keepers of the forum:

I like the new gallery sub-boards that have actual picture galleries. Makes checking out whether you're interested in one of the items easier. Beaucoup!

But... when there is a new post for one of the items in the gallery it's no readily apparent which one has been updated. Is there some setting in the board software to put a border around those images that have new posts? Or is there a setting to overlay a new post graphic (much like the online graphic on posters avatars)?

Steven