Aspire V10 Toolpath ??

This forum is for general discussion about Aspire
njload
Model of CNC Machine: X-Carve 1000mm

Aspire V10 Toolpath ??

Post by njload »

Still in the learning curve here but was wondering what kind of tool-path is needed to create the Sloped carve on the Mexican Train domino's station.
Designing it is no problem but I have no idea how to create the tool-path to slope out the ends.

Picture included. Hope I am explaining this right.
Mexican Train Station.jpg

gkas
Vectric Wizard
Model of CNC Machine: Aspire, Axiom AR8 Pro+, Axiom 4.2W Laser

Re: Aspire V10 Toolpath ??

Post by gkas »

As usual in Vectric, there are more ways than one to attack the problem. It looks like a flat topped dome. I created a dome from Create Shape from vector outline. Then I drew a rectangle to represent one of the cutouts. I used circular copy to create 8 rectangles. 8 is just a guess. I have no idea what the total board should look like. Select the 8 rectangles, and the dome, and use Clear area of selected component inside selected vectors. I drew a circle and used a 2D Pocket Toolpath to shave off the top by 0.15"
Mexican Train.jpg
Link to Mexican train.crv3d https://drive.google.com/open?id=1OjLL7 ... xbz9Gl8xNs

dealguy11
Vectric Wizard
Model of CNC Machine: Anderson Selexx 510

Post by dealguy11 »

I would use a moulding toolpath with a large ballnose bit. Draw a circle for the moulding toolpath rail, and a slanted line for the profile.

Edit - don't use my tool feed and speed settings - way too fast for a small machine.
Attachments
Mexican Train Domino.JPG
Mexican Domino Vectors.JPG
Mexican Domino.crv3d
(701.5 KiB) Downloaded 20 times
Steve Godding
D&S Artistic Woodworking http://www.dsartisticwood.com

njload

Post by njload »

Thanks to both replies, I need to wrap my head around what you both did. I was messing with the create shape dome but wasn't sure about the rest.

Thanks again.

You guys are great.

njload

Post by njload »

dealguy11, still trying wrap my head around the molding tool-path and was wondering how to change the thickness of the stock to reflect in this tool-path.
I know how to change the job setup and when I do this I get a warning that the "cut depth exceeds material thickness" in the swept profile tool-path. This is when
I changed to .75" thickness in the job setup.

Any help is more that appreciated as I don't want to just copy your generous help but I want to learn from it.

njload

dealguy11
Vectric Wizard
Model of CNC Machine: Anderson Selexx 510

Post by dealguy11 »

The depth of the moulding toolpath is defined by the height of the sweep vector. In the example I sent, if you click on the slanted vector to the right of the work area and then click on "Set selected objects size" you will see that it is a little more than 1" in height. If you modify this vector in the Set Selected Objects Size dialog so that it is only 1/2" high (make sure you unclick "Link xy" when you do this so it doesn't change both dimensions) then it should work in 3/4" stock.

Edit - Actually, anything less than 3/4" will work. I picked 1/2" because it looks like there is about 1/4" of material around the edge of the shape in the picture you provided.
Steve Godding
D&S Artistic Woodworking http://www.dsartisticwood.com

njload

Post by njload »

Thanks again, really appreciate your help.