This forum is for general discussion about Aspire
- Posts: 1
- Joined: Sun Nov 06, 2016 11:00 pm
- Model of CNC Machine: axiom
I need to cut plexiglass with a 1/4 inch endmill. can someone tell me the feeds and speeds needed?
- Vectric Apprentice
- Posts: 851
- Joined: Sat Jul 27, 2013 10:08 pm
- Model of CNC Machine: AXYZ 4008
- Location: Vancouver, BC, Canada
The calculator at: https://www.guhdo.com/chipload-calculator
seems to produce reasonably good results.
But... your machine is not my machine---so trial and error to fine tune feed rate and spindle speed would need to be done.
- Vectric Wizard
- Posts: 3811
- Joined: Fri Nov 04, 2005 5:54 am
- Model of CNC Machine: GCnC/WinCNC
- Location: San Jose, California, USA
1/4 inch endmill
Use a bit designed for plexi. Article: O Flutes For Mechanical Plastics
- Randall Newcomb
10 fingers in, 10 fingers out
another good day in the shop