.tap file problem

This forum is for general discussion about Aspire
rsetina
Vectric Craftsman
Model of CNC Machine: Shark HD 2.0

.tap file problem

Post by rsetina »

I made a simple small table base for my sisters small artificial tree today and when I tried to create the .tap file for all three 1/4"EM cuts, the program would only save the highlighted cut to the file. Normally it would save all the cuts made by the same tool if they all had a check mark next to them. Has anyone else had the same problem? I upgraded to version 10.018 today. I didn't have this problem the last time I created a .tap file before the upgrade.
Rick

Shark HD 2.0

gkas
Vectric Wizard
Model of CNC Machine: Aspire, Axiom AR8 Pro+, Axiom 4.2W Laser

Re: .tap file problem

Post by gkas »

At the top of the Save Dialog, you must check the box "Output all visible toolpaths to one file".

rsetina
Vectric Craftsman

Post by rsetina »

I’m not at my computer at the moment but I did check the box just about the file names. The one when clicked, fills in the individual check boxes for each file. Is that the check box you’re referring to?
Rick

Shark HD 2.0

Adrian
Vectric Archimage
Model of CNC Machine: ShopBot PRS Alpha 96x48

Post by Adrian »

rsetina wrote:I’m not at my computer at the moment but I did check the box just about the file names. The one when clicked, fills in the individual check boxes for each file. Is that the check box you’re referring to?
No, that is the one above the toolpaths themselves which makes them all visible. The one gkas is referring to is the one one the Toolpath Save dialog as per the attached picture.
checkbox.jpg

rsetina
Vectric Craftsman

Post by rsetina »

Okay. I’ll check the screen more closely. I don’t recall having to check that box before. Just the one above the tool path names and if there were different tools being used for the various tool paths, I would get a notification that they couldn’t be grouped together.

Thanks for your help gentleman. I appreciate it.
Rick

Shark HD 2.0

Adrian
Vectric Archimage
Model of CNC Machine: ShopBot PRS Alpha 96x48

Post by Adrian »

It's something you generally set once and forget about it but, depending on how the upgrade was done, it can get switched off during an upgrade.

rsetina
Vectric Craftsman

Post by rsetina »

Adrian wrote:It's something you generally set once and forget about it but, depending on how the upgrade was done, it can get switched off during an upgrade.
That’s probably what happened. Previous upgrades didn’t switch it off so I was confused by why they didn’t group. I learned something here. Thanks again Adrian.
Rick

Shark HD 2.0