Initial thoughts on V10 upgrde

This forum is for general discussion about Aspire
Desert_Woodworker
Vectric Craftsman
Model of CNC Machine: Laguna IQ

Initial thoughts on V10 upgrde

Post by Desert_Woodworker »

:) :D :shock:
Pro: I just finished the upgrade to V10. I must say this was the best data transfer since my 4.5 days, especially my tool database and clip art. Ready to go with the latest updates. No regrets.
Thoughts or cons:
Sales tax!!! :cry: :shock: I do not remember seeing or paying sales tax on a Vectric or Design and Make product. Should I be incorrect I am sure that someone will enlighten me and others.
V10 out the door with tax $434, not $400.
Design and Make included clip art- :o :( :shock: I posted a dissatisfaction regarding no additional clip art in the 9.5 upgrades. V10 offers included clip art but there are 5 parts to a series and you get 1 included in the upgrade. They offer a $75 upgrade for the complete set of 5. After-sales tax my upgrade is over $500.
I choose the basic upgrade and the included 1 of 5 parts Design and Make.

Rcnewcomb
Vectric Archimage
Model of CNC Machine: 24x36 GCnC/WinCNC with ATC

Re: Initial thoughts on V10 upgrde

Post by Rcnewcomb »

Sales tax is due to a U.S. Supreme Court ruling
- Randall Newcomb
10 fingers in, 10 fingers out, another good day in the shop

Jim_in_PA
Vectric Craftsman
Model of CNC Machine: Camaster Stinger II SR-44 (MacOS user)

Post by Jim_in_PA »

Yes, vendors at this point selling into most US states will have to collect sales tax in most cases if they do more than $10K of business in that jurisdiction within a year.

Relative to the upgrade...totally worth it.

KMoffett
Model of CNC Machine: Milltronics VKM4

Post by KMoffett »

I questioned that too. Karen at Vectric said:

"If a U.S. customer is buying on behalf of an organisation that is exempt from paying state and local sales taxes, FastSpring can refund the sales tax after
the purchase has been completed. At this time, there is no way to prevent the sales tax from being collected on the order initially.
Customers can email a copy of their tax exemption certificate or other supporting paperwork issued by the state government to orders@fastspring.com
along with their order reference / order ID, and our support team will refund the sales tax back to the original payment account."

Jim_in_PA
Vectric Craftsman
Model of CNC Machine: Camaster Stinger II SR-44 (MacOS user)

Post by Jim_in_PA »

Sales Tax exemption is a state specific thing for businesses and in some states software, machines, tooling, etc., are not exempt while materials used to produce something are. So where you live can make a difference, too. It's good that they have a process to request a refund if that's applicable, however!