COMING SOON - 12 Projects of Christmas

This forum is for general discussion about Aspire
Lesa Duncan
Model of CNC Machine: AR8 PRO

Re: COMING SOON - 12 Projects of Christmas

Post by Lesa Duncan »

Stephanie Downing wrote:On the third day of Christmas my true love gave to me, a Nordic Santa ornament!

This cute Nordic inspired Santa character has been carefully modelled in Aspire (take a look at the video to see how it's modelled)

The ornament has a flat bottom so it can stand upright and is machined using three toolpaths, a roughing toolpath (1/4”End Mill), a finishing toolpath (1/8” Tapered Ball Nose) and a Profile toolpath (1/4” End Mill). Once machined the Santa ornament requires minimal cleanup, just a sand to remove the tabs and lift off any fuzzies.

The part was finished by applying a stain followed by a coat of shellac to accentuate the details!

Download the free project files and watch the full video on how this project was made now: https://www.vectric.com/vectric-communi ... ordicSanta

Happy making!
I made him tonight and I love him thank you stephanie!

Lesa Duncan
Model of CNC Machine: AR8 PRO

Post by Lesa Duncan »

Stephanie Downing wrote:On the third day of Christmas my true love gave to me, a Nordic Santa ornament!

This cute Nordic inspired Santa character has been carefully modelled in Aspire (take a look at the video to see how it's modelled)

The ornament has a flat bottom so it can stand upright and is machined using three toolpaths, a roughing toolpath (1/4”End Mill), a finishing toolpath (1/8” Tapered Ball Nose) and a Profile toolpath (1/4” End Mill). Once machined the Santa ornament requires minimal cleanup, just a sand to remove the tabs and lift off any fuzzies.

The part was finished by applying a stain followed by a coat of shellac to accentuate the details!

Download the free project files and watch the full video on how this project was made now: https://www.vectric.com/vectric-communi ... ordicSanta

Happy making!
I made him tonight and he is adorable thank you for sharing him!

rtibbs
Vectric Wizard
Model of CNC Machine: Shopbot desktop

Post by rtibbs »

Merry Christmas.jpg
To all The Vectric staff for these projects. Merry Christmas!

This was cut from a piece of Padauk and oil finished. The only change was to add a radius to the inside and outside of the border.
I think I'll add some veining to the Holly Leaves and cut a second one.

RebeccaJ
Vectric Staff
Model of CNC Machine: Various

Post by RebeccaJ »

Hey All,

I see a few of you have been busy with the projects, thank you for sharing them with us they all look amazing! :D :D

Thank you!

Beki
Beki
Senior Application Engineer - Vectric Ltd.

gibson22
Model of CNC Machine: ox build

Post by gibson22 »

not letting me post my photo of my jewlery box i did any help

gibson22

Post by gibson22 »

here is my jewlery box i`ve made and did 2 more will be doing 5 ty for all these projects its helping me learn as well
Attachments
20191216_140648.jpg

gibson22

Post by gibson22 »

and here is my roaster it took me 24 hours do to the first one tail was short lol but roaster took me like 12 hours ill be fixing it up some as well
Attachments
20191216_143926.jpg

mtylerfl
Vectric Archimage
Model of CNC Machine: -CarveWright CNC -ShopBot Buddy PRSAlpha

Post by mtylerfl »

You’ve been mighty busy, gibson22! Thank you for sharing the photos with us!
Michael Tyler

facebook.com/carvebuddy

-CarveWright CNC
-ShopBot Buddy PRSAlpha CNC

gibson22

Post by gibson22 »

scotttarnor wrote:Thank You so much for all the Gifts ! I have only been able to complete one and the Granddaughter loves it !
realy nice work

redwood
Vectric Wizard
Model of CNC Machine: Axiom Pro6

Post by redwood »

Am I wrong, or do you need V-10 to enjoy these projects? A little disappointing, if you do.
Mark
Pioneer, CA

mtylerfl
Vectric Archimage

Post by mtylerfl »

Hi redwood,

Each of the Free projects should be labeled on its description webpage with what software (Aspire or VCarve) and what version of the software you will need to be able to run the project. That way, you can see which projects are going to work with the software version you are using.

Naturally, older projects are compatible with older software versions and newer projects require newer software versions.
Michael Tyler

facebook.com/carvebuddy

-CarveWright CNC

redwood
Vectric Wizard
Model of CNC Machine: Axiom Pro6

Post by redwood »

As I assumed, I have Aspire 9.5. Even though some of the Xmas projects use the most basic toolpaths, that were probably available in the first version of V-Carve, they were created in V-10 and apparently not backward compatible. I guess I understand that, but I would think with the spirit of Xmas that some compatibility with slightly older versions would be available. I guess they have to draw the line somewhere and that is with the most current version.
Mark
Pioneer, CA

russdent
Model of CNC Machine: Workbee

Post by russdent »

Merry Christmas and thanks for all the gifts, Vectric! The projects are a great way to get acquainted with CNC and the software.

Boycott Black Friday almost worked. I was excited to make some snowflakes and use up some thin scraps of wood that had been lying around for years. Not having a small cutter sent me out to the local woodworking store to deal with the traffic and crowds on Black Friday though. In the end, it was worth the hassle because the snowflakes are very popular!
snowflake2.jpg
My Merry Christmas sign was most fun because I got to combine elements from two projects and apply lessons learned from both. Applying them to an old piece of weathered barn wood made it really interesting. Now all I have to do is figure out how I'm going to finish it. LOL Thanks for the lessons, Beki and Todd!
Stacked.jpg
I'm excited to get going on some more.
Russ

scottp55
Vectric Wizard
Model of CNC Machine: ShopbotDesktop 5.5"Z/spindle/VCP11.5

Post by scottp55 »

Very nice contrast with the barn board one Russ!!
Like it!! :)
I've learned my lesson well. You can't please everyone,so you have to please yourself
R.N.

mtylerfl
Vectric Archimage

Post by mtylerfl »

I love the barn board plaque, too! Who knew there was such bright wood underneath that patina? Beautiful!
Michael Tyler

facebook.com/carvebuddy

-CarveWright CNC