Video Tutorials - Bad Download Links?

This forum is for general discussion about Aspire
Samarah
Model of CNC Machine: AvidCNC PRO4848; 6W Opt Laser; UCCNC

Video Tutorials - Bad Download Links?

Post by Samarah »

There are a few tutorials linked through the Tutorial Video Browser with bad download links. I am receiving this error on downloads listed...

Anonymous caller does not have storage.objects.get access to vectric-content-storage/V10_Tutorials/Import_Flower_Model/Import_Flower_Model_Getting_Started.exe.
Anonymous caller does not have storage.objects.get access to vectric-content-storage/V10_Tutorials/Introduction_To_Drawing_Vectors/Introduction_To_Drawing_Vectors_Vector_Drawing.exe.
Anonymous caller does not have storage.objects.get access to vectric-content-storage/V10_Tutorials/Transformations_Shortcuts_Guide/Transformations_Shortcuts_Guide_Vector_Drawing.exe.

Anyone else having the same problem?
AvidCNC PRO4848; 6W Opt Laser; UCCNC; Aspire 11.5

Samarah

Re: Video Tutorials - Bad Download Links?

Post by Samarah »

Now some of the earlier problem links are working. These are still broken (for me anyways)…

Anonymous caller does not have storage.objects.get access to vectric-content-storage/V10_Tutorials/Rocket_Nameplate/Rocket_Nameplate_2.5D_Toolpaths.exe.
Anonymous caller does not have storage.objects.get access to vectric-content-storage/V10_Tutorials/Design_&_Make_Project/Design_&_Make_Project_3D_Assembly.exe.
Anonymous caller does not have storage.objects.get access to vectric-content-storage/V10_Tutorials/Introduction_to_Rotary_Wrapped_ Text/Introduction_to_Rotary_Wrapped_ Text_Wrapped_Rotary_Machining.exe.
Anonymous caller does not have storage.objects.get access to vectric-content-storage/V10_Tutorials/Import_and_Unwrap_a_Full_3D_Model_for_Rotary_Machining/Import_and_Unwrap_a_Full_3D_Model_for_Rotary_Machining_Wrapped_Rotary_Machining.exe.
Anonymous caller does not have storage.objects.get access to vectric-content-storage/V10_Tutorials/Modeling_a_Spindle_for_Rotary_Machining/Modeling_a_Spindle_for_Rotary_Machining_Wrapped_Rotary_Machining.exe.

SteveNelson46
Vectric Wizard
Model of CNC Machine: Camaster Stinger 1

Post by SteveNelson46 »

They all work for me. You may need to flush the DNS cache.

From an administrator command window, type "ipconfig /flushdns" then press “Enter. ( no quotes and be sure there is a space before the slash)

To open an administrator command window, press Windows+R to open the “Run” box. Type “cmd” into the box and then press Ctrl+Shift+Enter to run the command as an administrator.
Steve

seanm
Vectric Staff
Model of CNC Machine: 6040 Desktop CNC

Post by seanm »

Hi Samarah

This may be down to web browser caching, whereby you may have visited this page a while back and now revisiting it again, the web browser rather than download new data will reuse old data from the previous visit.
Try clearing you web browsers cache, most recent browsers you can access this options menu by the shortcut (CTRL + SHIFT + DEL) or a quick google search will show you how to do this for your particular web browser if the shortcut did not work.

Samarah

Post by Samarah »

Thanks for the responses. I couldn't get your suggestions to make a difference in the results. Strangely I finally realized I could download by navigating to the videos via the Vectric website but I can't through the video URL inside Aspire. Regardless, I'm all set now.

I'm trying to teach my wife the software and want her to initially go though some of the videos.

Adrian
Vectric Archimage
Model of CNC Machine: ShopBot PRS Alpha 96x48

Post by Adrian »

Is the browser you're using to access the Vectric website the same one that you have configured to open web links (i.e the one that opens when you access the tutorial video browser from within Aspire)?

AdamJ
Vectric Staff
Model of CNC Machine: None

Post by AdamJ »

Hi Samarah,

Thank you for perservering with this. The gist of what has happened is that you must have had an early install of Aspire which has some incorrect links in the tutorial browser. A clean install of 10.017 will correct these issues (unfortunately a patch won't do the job on this one). We are also going to also upload the files to those old locations, so hopefully it should all be working correctly soon. We have now done this for the Rocket Nameplate tutorial and it seems to have fixed it on our end. Thank you for pointing this out to us.

Cheers,

Adam