import bitmap for vectors

This forum is for general discussion about Aspire
big papi
Model of CNC Machine: laguna swift

import bitmap for vectors

Post by big papi »

When I import a line drawing I always get vectors on each side of the line that I ma tracing. Is there anyway to get one vector right down the center of the traced drawing?
Attachments
mountain pine.crv3d
(478 KiB) Downloaded 86 times

TReischl
Vectric Wizard
Model of CNC Machine: 8020 48X36X7 RP 2022 UCCNC Screenset

Re: import bitmap for vectors

Post by TReischl »

Not that I know of. . . . one of the other folks may know something more than I do.

When it comes to line drawings I just trace over them creating new vectors.

There may be some programs that do a pretty good job. I have never been able to get Corel to do a good job either.

Once you redraw a few you get pretty fast at it. And the results are much, MUCH better than any automatic program I have ever seen. Just sayin'. . . .

Edit: I just looked at your file. Yup, that is pretty typical of what auto tracing programs produce. Nicks, notches, blobs and the double lines.
"If you see a good fight, get in it." Dr. Vernon Johns

Adrian
Vectric Archimage
Model of CNC Machine: ShopBot PRS Alpha 96x48

Re: import bitmap for vectors

Post by Adrian »

The trace is primarily designed for v-carve toolpaths which needs the "double" vectors. There are lots of different ways of editing to get down to a single line vector but generally I just manually create the vectors using the bitmap as a guide.

If you want to do it automatically I've used this site in the past with good results - https://online.rapidresizer.com/tracer.php