How to "break" a 'simulate toolpath' calculation

This forum is for general discussion about Aspire
Richard93Vogue
Model of CNC Machine: Multicam router; Anilam 6000m mill

Re: How to "break" a 'simulate toolpath' calculation

Post by Richard93Vogue »

Reviving an old thread here.
I have to ask if this was ever solved for the original author?
I ask as I have complete sympathy with his situation as described in the first post. My syptoms are virtually identical but my computer is a HP Elitebook laptop running win10 64bit with a very standard installation 'straight out of the box' as it were, from the vectric website.

As I sit here typing this I am waiting for Aspire V10.514 to hopefully come out of a 'not responding' loop after I tried to do a simulation of one tool in a series of toolpaths and it showed signs of taking forever to regenerate on screen, so I tried to cancell the operation which made matters worse and it has been stuck looping around for half an hour now with the entire screen greyed out with the windows message that aspire is not responding.

On plenty of other occasions though, my issue has been the same as the OP, when modifying a tool path and re-simulating it, if I've not cleared the previous simulation, the second run through to check modifications made to the toolpath, the program bogs down and takes forever to catchup. BUT if I remember to clear the screen first then run second simulation on 'fresh' stock it runs fine.

Quite annoying. Looks like I am going to loose all this mornings work too.

gregk
Vectric Staff
Model of CNC Machine: None

Re: How to "break" a 'simulate toolpath' calculation

Post by gregk »

Richard93Vogue wrote:
Thu May 27, 2021 5:48 am
Reviving an old thread here.
I have to ask if this was ever solved for the original author?
I ask as I have complete sympathy with his situation as described in the first post. My syptoms are virtually identical but my computer is a HP Elitebook laptop running win10 64bit with a very standard installation 'straight out of the box' as it were, from the vectric website.

As I sit here typing this I am waiting for Aspire V10.514 to hopefully come out of a 'not responding' loop after I tried to do a simulation of one tool in a series of toolpaths and it showed signs of taking forever to regenerate on screen, so I tried to cancell the operation which made matters worse and it has been stuck looping around for half an hour now with the entire screen greyed out with the windows message that aspire is not responding.

On plenty of other occasions though, my issue has been the same as the OP, when modifying a tool path and re-simulating it, if I've not cleared the previous simulation, the second run through to check modifications made to the toolpath, the program bogs down and takes forever to catchup. BUT if I remember to clear the screen first then run second simulation on 'fresh' stock it runs fine.

Quite annoying. Looks like I am going to loose all this mornings work too.
We have seen issue with simulation hanging indefinitely due to the interference from some drivers, notably Nahimic Audio.
The best course of action is to contact our support team (support@vectric.com) and they can help you with sorting this out.

Greg K