Phoenix AZ

This forum is for general discussion about Aspire
lwaring
Model of CNC Machine: Axiom AutoRoute 6 Pro+ CNC

Phoenix AZ

Post by lwaring »

Anyone in the Phoenix area that can spend some time helping me get started? Can’t afford the trip to Ohio, but need help with Aspire. Willing to pay.

JimmyD
Vectric Craftsman
Model of CNC Machine: ShopBot PRSalpha, custom rotary indexer

Re: Phoenix AZ

Post by JimmyD »

I'm in Tucson if you don't find anybody. What kind of help do you need?

Jim

garylmast
Vectric Wizard

Post by garylmast »

I winter in Cave Creek, Arizona from November to April. I have a shop setup there too. I'd be happy to help you then. PM me and I'll give you my email and cell phone number.

Gary

lwaring
Model of CNC Machine: Axiom AutoRoute 6 Pro+ CNC

Post by lwaring »

garylmast wrote:I winter in Cave Creek, Arizona from November to April. I have a shop setup there too. I'd be happy to help you then. PM me and I'll give you my email and cell phone number.

Gary
Hi Gary. I bought the Axiom with aspire software quite awhile ago but just recently retired so now I have time to use it. Aspire is a little hard to get the hang of and the training videos that I can find don’t seem to get into too much nitty gritty detail. So I need just some start up training so I can get going.

garylmast
Vectric Wizard

Post by garylmast »

I've been using Aspire ever since it came out, and would be more than happy to help you out. The problem is, my main home is in Salt Lake City and I won't be in Arizona until about Halloween. Send me an email and I'll give you my cell number so when I'm there in a couple of months we can get together. I've built a shop next to my home where I can show you a few tricks and can also give you a bunch of my files you can play with.

garylmast@earthlink.net

TReischl
Vectric Wizard
Model of CNC Machine: 8020 48X36X7 RP 2022 UCCNC Screenset

Post by TReischl »

lwaring wrote:
garylmast wrote:I winter in Cave Creek, Arizona from November to April. I have a shop setup there too. I'd be happy to help you then. PM me and I'll give you my email and cell phone number.

Gary
Hi Gary. I bought the Axiom with aspire software quite awhile ago but just recently retired so now I have time to use it. Aspire is a little hard to get the hang of and the training videos that I can find don’t seem to get into too much nitty gritty detail. So I need just some start up training so I can get going.
Not sure where you are "finding" training videos? The ones on the Vectric website get into serious detail, the nitty gritty. But they are cumulative, in other words you need to watch the early ones so you get the basics down pat. Start small, the worst thing a new user can do is decide to model a complicated design. In fact it is a good idea to just model simple things you never intend to cut, just to see how pieces go together.
"If you see a good fight, get in it." Dr. Vernon Johns

martin54
Vectric Archimage
Model of CNC Machine: Gerber 48, Triac PC, Isel fixed gantry

Post by martin54 »

Same as Ted really, are you using the training videos supplied by Vectric?? most of them come with files you can download & work alongside the video so if you are following along it makes it fairly easy to see where your going wrong & when you are getting it right :lol: :lol:

As Ted has said though you really need to start at the beginning & work your way through, don't just cherry pick the bits that look interesting or the type of work you would really like to do. If you have a dual screen set up or 2 machines it makes it easier as you can play the video on one & folow along at the same time on the other :lol: :lol:

https://support.vectric.com/training-material