convert free monthly projects?

This forum is for general discussion about Aspire
graffix11
Vectric Craftsman
Model of CNC Machine: Two machines, CRP 48x96 and a xylotex

convert free monthly projects?

Post by graffix11 »

Curious is it ok to convert the free monthly projects from crv3d to crv for other users to use or not? The topic has come up and I dont wanna spread misinformation about it. Only interested in a reply from an admin or vectric themselves. thanks

Adrian
Vectric Archimage
Model of CNC Machine: ShopBot PRS Alpha 96x48

Re: convert free monthly projects?

Post by Adrian »

Probably best to contact Vectric directly if you want an answer from the horses mouth as this is primarily a user to user forum and Vectric staff don't see every post. Also there are no admins who aren't Vectric staff.

I'm sure it has been covered before but I can't find the post. You 100% can't convert to a non-Vectric format as that is stipulated in the terms of use with each project. Personally I don't see an issue with saving the vectors as a CRV file but saving the 3D models as STL's to load into VCarve would be wrong IMO.

wb9tpg
Vectric Wizard
Model of CNC Machine: Shapeoko 3 XL

Post by wb9tpg »

I will say it's not 'free' if I have to buy a $1600 upgrade to use it. Vcarve users didn't get a free project this month.
Gary Mitchell
Kentucky, USA

graffix11
Vectric Craftsman

Post by graffix11 »

Your absolutely right. It's a purchase I made like 6yrs ago and they've been free ever since. Lol I did email them still waiting for a reply.

graffix11
Vectric Craftsman

Post by graffix11 »

The answer is no it's not ok to do.
Attachments
Screenshot_20180925-083549_Email.jpg

martin54
Vectric Archimage
Model of CNC Machine: Gerber 48, Triac PC, Isel fixed gantry

Post by martin54 »

I had a feeling that might be the case, the Vectric projects haven't changed at all over the years from what I can see, all projects are available to Aspire users & some are also available to vcarve users. Prior to V8 there was no modelling features at all in vcarve so the number of monthly projects that vcarve users could use was even more limited than it is today, 3D models had to be toolpathed in something like 3d Machinist from Vectorart 3D & then the toolpaths imported into vcarve to add to a project :lol:

graffix11
Vectric Craftsman

Post by graffix11 »

Thats what I thought as well, but rather than argue with someone I thought Id ask...