A problem in Aspire Upgrade

This forum is for general discussion about Aspire
garylmast
Vectric Wizard

A problem in Aspire Upgrade

Post by garylmast »

I'm not sure if the Vectric Staff will read this so I don't have to send it to support, but I doing a Rotary Job on a 3D model. In Version 9.015, when previewing I could see the depth of the cut in the x, y, and z axis. In the new version, it's missing, however, I did check on a single sided job and it's still there. It is very handy on all my projects so please give it back!

Gary
Attachments
Capture 1.JPG
Capture 2.JPG

AdamJ
Vectric Staff
Model of CNC Machine: None

Re: A problem in Aspire Upgrade

Post by AdamJ »

Thanks for the report Gary, I've added a task to our bug tracker and so we hope to have that back to you as soon as possible.

mikeacg
Vectric Wizard
Model of CNC Machine: Camaster Stinger, Sidewinder, SB 4x4

Post by mikeacg »

Good catch Gary! I haven't had a chance to try it yet but I do like that feature for my Sidewinder projects!

mohamed
Vectric Staff
Model of CNC Machine: Craft CNC DS1

Post by mohamed »

The XYZ label was removed for the rotary view only. It's still there for the flat view even in rotary jobs. The behaviour was incorrect in V9.0 as it always displayed the unwrapped XYZ value, so you tended to get an intersection when the mouse was over thin air, for example. So could you just clarify please how this was useful for you?

Thank you
--------------
Mohamed
++++++++

garylmast
Vectric Wizard

Post by garylmast »

The XYZ label was removed for the rotary view only. It's still there for the flat view even in rotary jobs. The behaviour was incorrect in V9.0 as it always displayed the unwrapped XYZ value, so you tended to get an intersection when the mouse was over thin air, for example. So could you just clarify please how this was useful for you?
I use it for the same purpose I use it on a flat project. I'm creating this model in Rhino, but also using Aspire, especially to get and place the clipart. I don't remember the exact reason I needed it for this project, but if I didn't find it useful, I wouldn't of transferred the model to the old version of Aspire to get that information.

The problem you mentioned is something I never experienced because if there is an intersection in a rotary view, it's because of a screw-up and I'll be trying to figure why that is and not worrying about the XYZ label. If this problem you mentioned happened wasn't rare, or in my case, not at all, I could understand why it was removed.

Gary

P.S. I decided to open the model up again and after a while, found the flat view Icon at the top of the page. I think it would be handier the other way, but I can make that work. Thanks.

mohamed
Vectric Staff
Model of CNC Machine: Craft CNC DS1

Post by mohamed »

What I'm saying is that, even though the label appeared in the wrapped view in 9.0, it wouldn't necessarily be displaying the correct value. You could try this in 9.0 and you would find that sometimes hovering over thin air displayed an XYZ value in the wrapped view. In the flat view, it's fine. We do have this in our wish list. Could you send us a file (9.0 if available, 9.5 will be fine too) where this used to output the correct XYZ values when you were in wrapped view please? You could either send it to support@vectric.com or here on the forum only if you don't mind the file being public please.
--------------
Mohamed
++++++++

garylmast
Vectric Wizard

Post by garylmast »

Mohamed,

The Aspire V9.5 file was too big to post, so I replied to the email you sent me. Thanks

Gary

garylmast
Vectric Wizard

Post by garylmast »

I think my biggest problem was that I was in the middle of modeling project when V.9.5 was released and I continued working as if it was the same as V.9. Once I took the 48 minutes to watch the video on "What's new in V 9.5", that completely opened my eyes. The changes looks like it's going to save me hours of modeling time and eliminates a lot of my concerns that there is a problem with the Aspire upgrade.

I would suggest to Vectric that they post the link to the "What's New" video in bold lettering to make it easier for people like me to stop and take the time to watch the video before posting that's there's a problem.