Ok, Its worth a shot

This forum is for general discussion about Aspire
Warped Mind
Vectric Craftsman
Model of CNC Machine: Laguna IQ

Ok, Its worth a shot

Post by Warped Mind »

I love building things and using my cnc, but when it comes to creativity I have none. Show it to me and I will make it. Ask me to design it and im done. So here goes, a little challenge to all of the creative juices here. Who can come up with the best design for a camper sign? I make the traditional signs all the time for people, so mine needs to be extraordinary. I have a 2018 Duramax and a 5th wheel camper. Im thinking some 3d features and maybe a frame of some sorts that I can embed led lights around for lighting at night. I put this challenge out to anyone interested in showing off your creativity. I live in SC. I hope to get a lot of responses, but I will see.

Thanks in advance.

mtylerfl
Vectric Archimage
Model of CNC Machine: -CarveWright CNC -ShopBot Buddy PRSAlpha

Re: Ok, Its worth a shot

Post by mtylerfl »

What are the desired sign dimensions? What's the prize for the design winner?
Michael Tyler

facebook.com/carvebuddy

-CarveWright CNC
-ShopBot Buddy PRSAlpha CNC

Mobius
Vectric Wizard
Model of CNC Machine: CRP Pro 4848 Custom Build

Post by Mobius »

Here's one we finished last year, a prototype just because for my Father-In-Law's (and hobby business partner) RV.

*Begin shameless plug for one of my favorite projects we've done so far*

Solar powered, with addressable multicolor LEDs.

Connor Bredin
Distinctive Dimensional Concepts Ltd.
www.distinctive-concepts.ca

highpockets
Vectric Wizard
Model of CNC Machine: PDJ Pilot Pro

Post by highpockets »

Wow Mobius! That's over the top!!!

Thanks for sharing!
John
Maker of Chips

mtylerfl
Vectric Archimage

Post by mtylerfl »

You're not kidding! That's fantastic and will be tough to beat! Super cool.
Michael Tyler

facebook.com/carvebuddy

-CarveWright CNC

martin54
Vectric Archimage
Model of CNC Machine: Gerber 48, Triac PC, Isel fixed gantry

Post by martin54 »

I am on a couple of signmaking forums where people ask for design help, the only real rule with that is that the poster puts up their own design first, the reason for that is fairly simple, they know sizes they want, their own likes & dislikes & you don't learn anything by getting others to do everything for you :lol: :lol:
The final design is often very different from the original but it helps with the whole learning process asking people to post something to start with.

Maybe the same sort of idea would work here, people may be put off posting not having a clue what you are really looking for as there isn't really a design brief as such :lol: :lol:
I won't actually be helping with any designs myself though, like you I am not a creative person :oops: Think it must be the engineer in me :lol: :lol:

Mobius, very nicely done although are you sure that cable is safe with 12 volts & a few amps :lol: :lol: :lol:

JNC
Model of CNC Machine: ShopBot PRSalpha

Post by JNC »

Here's one that I did for a friend that is into Eagles. After Aspire I had to use the scroll saw to get the talons to fit. jnc
Attachments
Scott Trailor Sign.jpg
Scott Trailor Sign 1.jpg

newmexico
Vectric Craftsman
Model of CNC Machine: Shopbot

Post by newmexico »

Maybe he's looking for FREE design work?

Warped Mind
Vectric Craftsman

Post by Warped Mind »

I am not looking for anyone to go out of their way for me. I just simply ask for some design ideas. I am completely capable of making my own without anyone's help. I just thought it would be cool to see what others have done.

whineycrap
Model of CNC Machine: piranha fx

Post by whineycrap »

That is nice Mobius really nice thanks for sharing now i must throw the stupid sign i made for my dad away and start over lol :D

mtylerfl
Vectric Archimage

Post by mtylerfl »

Warped Mind wrote:...I just thought it would be cool to see what others have done.
It IS cool (and fun, too). Helps to get some of that creative juice flowing as a bonus!
Michael Tyler

facebook.com/carvebuddy

-CarveWright CNC

ChiloquinRuss
Vectric Craftsman
Model of CNC Machine: 2008 48x96 ShopBot spindle and Aspire

Post by ChiloquinRuss »

Couple of questions, is this for a business if so we need a name that might be part of the design, if its personal that gives a totally different flavor to the sign. How do you use the camper, football tailgating, at the beach, park visitation! More Input, More Input! :mrgreen: Russ
AKA: The Train Guy!

martin54
Vectric Archimage
Model of CNC Machine: Gerber 48, Triac PC, Isel fixed gantry

Post by martin54 »

ChiloquinRuss wrote:Couple of questions, is this for a business if so we need a name that might be part of the design, if its personal that gives a totally different flavor to the sign. How do you use the camper, football tailgating, at the beach, park visitation! More Input, More Input! :mrgreen: Russ
That's why I made the post I did Russ, with the poster starting the ball rolling it gives all the info that anyone wishing to help needs to get started :lol: :lol:
Seems to work well on the sign forum, people are quite happy to help out but they need a bit of direction to get started, I don't doubt that Warped Mind has the skill required to do it all on his own without any help, hope my post didn't give that impression as it was only meant to try & help :lol: :lol:
Lots of people can benefit from a thread like this (me included as I have already said I am not very creative). As Michael has said it is also very cool looking at what others can accomplish & can be very inspirational :lol: :lol: :lol:

Warped Mind
Vectric Craftsman

Post by Warped Mind »

Wow, I did not really think I would start all of this discussion, just a simple request for me personally. Like I said I make things all the time you can check out my Facebook at Manera's Artigiano I was just looking for something out of the box for me personally. For those of you that have asked in the 20 x 20 size I think would be sufficient. Here is a project I did a couple of years ago, but Like I said someone designed it, I just took the drawing and made it.

Thanks Again...
Attachments
finished throne.jpg

highpockets
Vectric Wizard
Model of CNC Machine: PDJ Pilot Pro

Post by highpockets »

Warped Mind wrote:Wow, I did not really think I would start all of this discussion, just a simple request for me personally. Like I said I make things all the time you can check out my Facebook at Manera's Artigiano I was just looking for something out of the box for me personally. For those of you that have asked in the 20 x 20 size I think would be sufficient. Here is a project I did a couple of years ago, but Like I said someone designed it, I just took the drawing and made it.

Thanks Again...
I remember this project, still very impressive.
John
Maker of Chips