Area Texture Tool, WOW!

This forum is for general discussion about Aspire
Chuck Keysor
Vectric Craftsman
Model of CNC Machine: Shopbot PRT alpha 60 x 148

Area Texture Tool, WOW!

Post by Chuck Keysor »

I watched the training videos for Aspire 8.5 when it came out, but didn't pay much attention to the Area Texture Tool. But yesterday, I had a need to apply a texture to the background of a carving, and after an hour or so of messing around, and doing some dumb things that didn't work, I suddenly remembered the Area Texture Tool. I watched the video, then experimented,,,,,, WOW!!!!!!!!!! :D What a WONDERFUL tool!

My request though, can more tileable patterns be created? Rock 2 would be perfect for what I need, but as it isn't a repeating pattern, I get an unacceptable grid showing. But Rock 2 looks just like the pattern of swirled plaster that I wanted to create.

Is there any way a regular joe shmoe such as myself could modify that pattern to be tileable? If so, how? If not, I hope you will consider putting that pattern on your list when you increase the number of tileable patterns.

Again, I hope that anyone interested in textures and patterns will take 30 minutes to watch the training video on the Area Texture Tool! You will be glad that you did! Chuck

JamesB
Vectric Alumni
Model of CNC Machine: Exel CNC SL60/90 Pro

Re: Area Texture Tool, WOW!

Post by JamesB »

Hi Chuck,

this is a really powerful addition to V8.5 - anyone who has not seen it can view the video for this function on this page: http://www.vectric.com/products/aspire/ ... s-new.html

Regarding creating your own repeating patterns this is possible and there are a number of approaches, at the User Group next month Dan Swatton will be covering that very topic and showing four different ways to do this. I know this does not help immediately but we typically post the videos for general consumption within a couple of weeks of the meeting. Or if you can get to Orlando then you can see it in person and take the videos away with you, booking for the meeting is here, there are still a few places left: http://www.vectric.com/company/events/2016/ugm.html

Cheers,
James

Chuck Keysor
Vectric Craftsman

Post by Chuck Keysor »

Thank you James. I'm glad to know that there will be upcoming videos on how to make tileable patterns. I'm sorry that I can't attend the conference, though I would love to. But I will look forward to the videos with great anticipation! Thank you again, Chuck

Chuck Keysor
Vectric Craftsman

Post by Chuck Keysor »

Hello James. Any idea as to when the video on how to create custom repeating patterns will be available for viewing? Thanks, Chuck

JamesB
Vectric Alumni
Model of CNC Machine: Exel CNC SL60/90 Pro

Post by JamesB »

Hi Chuck,
We have started to do live streaming of the presentations from this years User Group Meeting through YouTube. Dan should be covering that topic in the next few weeks - look out on the forum/newsletter for the exact schedule next week.
After that all the videos and files will be posted on the website (I guess in late November?)
Thanks,
James

Chuck Keysor
Vectric Craftsman

Post by Chuck Keysor »

Thank you James. I will look forward to watching all of these new videos.

I just saw the notice that you are "moving on". Good luck in your new work. I will miss hearing your voice in the future training videos. You have become the voice of Vectric!

Chuck