Need help

This forum is for general discussion about Aspire
rene
Model of CNC Machine: Homemade

Need help

Post by rene »

Hello everyone
I tried to close all open vector with tool join vector but nothing is working. Could you tell me why I am not able to close all vector in this file
Thanks
Attachments
PIECEDAUTOANGUS.crv3d
(118.5 KiB) Downloaded 179 times

angel_skull_crusher
Vectric Apprentice
Model of CNC Machine: Laguna CNC Router

Re: Need help

Post by angel_skull_crusher »

Hi,

I tried the same thing and it was trouble. I think there are a few buttons that can join vectors. Know that grouping is not the same as joining. When I started to do this, I thought to myself, join, group, assembly -- whatever it is all the same-- but no, it is not. Joining is a specific vector addition fitting program and I think the best thing to do is probably align vectors close together so that the lines and functions are easily computed. Too much computing to join distant vectors and you are going to compile forever. So, I don't know what you are really having trouble with here. I think you just select the vectors which are almost touching and then hit the button. Just press the button.

Steve

Adrian
Vectric Archimage
Model of CNC Machine: ShopBot PRS Alpha 96x48

Post by Adrian »

I can't open the file, it just comes up with an error each time.

What exactly are you having problems with and what have you tried? It might be that you have duplicated vectors, grouped vectors or the tolerance you're specifying is too small to bridge the gaps. You can select vectors two at a time and use the the join with a straight line/join with a curve/move to common point joining tools rather than the all or nothing join tool.

rene

Post by rene »

Adrian wrote:I can't open the file, it just comes up with an error each time.

What exactly are you having problems with and what have you tried? It might be that you have duplicated vectors, grouped vectors or the tolerance you're specifying is too small to bridge the gaps. You can select vectors two at a time and use the the join with a straight line/join with a curve/move to common point joining tools rather than the all or nothing join tool.
Hi
I have made this file with Aspire 4.0

Rene

ozymax
Vectric Craftsman
Model of CNC Machine: Home built cnc router using Masso G3.

Post by ozymax »

I could open the file ok.
From what I could see, you are missing large sections of vectors for the join tools to work.
What I did was to copy various vector pairs onto new layers. Then using the crop, join to a point, node editing and join open vector tools, I was able to create the ribbon vectors in the main logo.
I coloured the different layers so that you can hopefully see what I did. You'll need to do a similar thing for the strips of the background.
PIECEDAUTOANGUS.crv3d
(123.5 KiB) Downloaded 142 times

rene

Post by rene »

ozymax wrote:I could open the file ok.
From what I could see, you are missing large sections of vectors for the join tools to work.
What I did was to copy various vector pairs onto new layers. Then using the crop, join to a point, node editing and join open vector tools, I was able to create the ribbon vectors in the main logo.
I coloured the different layers so that you can hopefully see what I did. You'll need to do a similar thing for the strips of the background.
PIECEDAUTOANGUS.crv3d
Hi ozymax
Thanks for your help but I am not able to open your file because I have Aspire 4.0 and you have made some corrections with version 4.5

Rene

FixitMike
Vectric Wizard
Model of CNC Machine: Shark Pro Plus (retired)

Post by FixitMike »

rene wrote: Hi ozymax
Thanks for your help but I am not able to open your file because I have Aspire 4.0 and you have made some corrections with version 4.5
Rene
Rene, you can download the free trial copy of Aspire to open the file and see what was done. You won't be able to save the file or toolpaths with it, though.
Good judgement comes from experience.
Experience comes from bad judgement.

rene

Post by rene »

FixitMike wrote:
rene wrote: Hi ozymax
Rene
Rene, you can download the free trial copy of Aspire to open the file and see what was done. You won't be able to save the file or toolpaths with it, though.
Ok thanks, I will try it
Rene

ozymax
Vectric Craftsman

Post by ozymax »

rene wrote:
ozymax wrote:I could open the file ok.
PIECEDAUTOANGUS.crv3d
Hi ozymax

Rene
Ah, sorry about that. I saw that you only had 4.0 and propmtly forgot it.

ozymax
Vectric Craftsman

Post by ozymax »

Maybe this will help.
I've taken out any possible copywrite images from the screen shots.

Select the various vectors on layer 1 that are needed to create the shapes and copy them to a new layer.
Layer 1.jpg
Cut and joint vectors until the new vectors are created.
Layer 2.
Layer 2.jpg

Layer 3.
Layer 3.jpg
Layer 4.
Layer 4.jpg
Switch the layers on and off as needed. Then once all vectors are sorted, copy them all to another layer.
Ozy.

martin54
Vectric Archimage
Model of CNC Machine: Gerber 48, Triac PC, Isel fixed gantry

Post by martin54 »

Not completely sure but from version4 to version 4.5 would probably have been a free upgrade, if you check out the support site you can probably upgrade to 4,5 if you want to at no expense.

http://www.vectric.com/support/program-updates.html

rene

Post by rene »

Hi everyone
I would like to say thanks to all of you for your help
René

rene

Post by rene »

Hello everyone
Just want to show you what I have finally done
Again thanks for your help
Rene
Attachments
PAA.jpg

ozymax
Vectric Craftsman

Post by ozymax »

Glad you got it sorted.
Looks great.

rene

Post by rene »

Hi psy aux
Tanks for your comment
Rene