2016 Vectric User Group (USA and UK) Announced

This forum is for general discussion about Aspire
mtylerfl
Vectric Archimage
Model of CNC Machine: -CarveWright CNC -ShopBot Buddy PRSAlpha

Re: 2016 Vectric User Group (USA and UK) Announced

Post by mtylerfl »

I'm here at the hotel and the Vectric Crew notified me their flight landed about an hour ago - they will be here soon. I brought 5 boxes of Vectric-designed project samples for the show-and-tell tables.

I did hear it might rain here tomorrow and the next day. :D
Michael Tyler

facebook.com/carvebuddy

-CarveWright CNC
-ShopBot Buddy PRSAlpha CNC

mtylerfl
Vectric Archimage
Model of CNC Machine: -CarveWright CNC -ShopBot Buddy PRSAlpha

Post by mtylerfl »

mezalick wrote:Hey Mark,
I'm here..we can hang out at the bar if no one else shows up..... :)

Michael
Hey Michael,

Was going to call you to meet up, but I don't have you in my phone contact list!! I'm going down to the lobby now...
Michael Tyler

facebook.com/carvebuddy

-CarveWright CNC
-ShopBot Buddy PRSAlpha CNC

GaryR6
Vectric Wizard

Post by GaryR6 »

Well, From the west, they have cancelled all the flights into Florida so at least a few of us will not be making the trip. Enjoy, and don't get blown away.......
P.S. keep your water wings handy.

MarkJohnston
Vectric Wizard
Model of CNC Machine: CAMaster MC4848

Post by MarkJohnston »

Gary,

The airline hasn't notified me that my flight has been canceled yet.

Did the airline call you? I'm suppose to fly out tomorrow morning on American.

I see that your located here in Arizona as am I so just wondering how you know that your flight has been cancelled.

Mark

cac67
Vectric Wizard
Model of CNC Machine: Joes Evo 3x2

Post by cac67 »

MarkJohnston wrote:Gary,

The airline hasn't notified me that my flight has been canceled yet.

Did the airline call you? I'm suppose to fly out tomorrow morning on American.

I see that your located here in Arizona as am I so just wondering how you know that your flight has been cancelled.

Mark
Maybe you should call the airline.

honesttjohn
Model of CNC Machine: Probotix Nebula & CNCRP Pro4848

Post by honesttjohn »

Frontier already cancelled Jay Skelton's flight from KS. Delta has already offered us credit for a later trip from Detroit for our flight $$. Still waiting to see if the flight is cancelled totally or not. Then we get a full refund. Any ideas what the plan is if it turns out to be a total washout?

HJ

dldecker
Vectric Craftsman
Model of CNC Machine: Camaster Stinger 1

Post by dldecker »

I live in Jacksonville and had to cancel my trip to get ready for the storm here at home
Dana Decker
Aspire 8 something
CaMaster Stinger I

honesttjohn
Model of CNC Machine: Probotix Nebula & CNCRP Pro4848

Post by honesttjohn »

Can anybody who is there find out from the Vectric group if there's a plan B in the works?

HJ

JamesB
Vectric Alumni
Model of CNC Machine: Exel CNC SL60/90 Pro

Post by JamesB »

The Vectric staff are at the hotel. We've spent most of the day travelling so apologies for lack of communication. Like everyone else we have no idea how serious the hurricane will ultimately be in Orlando and whether it will actually allow us to have a meeting or not. In the morning we'll review the situation and talk to the event staff at the hotel and provide an update.

If you do have flights cancelled and cannot come please contact sales@vectric.com for a refund.

Thanks in advance for everyone's patience while we navigate our way through this.

James

cac67
Vectric Wizard

Post by cac67 »

JamesB wrote:The Vectric staff are at the hotel. We've spent most of the day travelling so apologies for lack of communication. Like everyone else we have no idea how serious the hurricane will ultimately be in Orlando and whether it will actually allow us to have a meeting or not. In the morning we'll review the situation and talk to the event staff at the hotel and provide an update.

If you do have flights cancelled and cannot come please contact sales@vectric.com for a refund.

Thanks in advance for everyone's patience while we navigate our way through this.

James
The last forecast has it slowing down and intensifying so it's expected to be category 4 again when it hits. An earlier forecast was for 70 mph winds in Orlando Friday. I'm still tentatively planning to drive down there tomorrow but my plans may change by morning.

GaryR6
Vectric Wizard

Post by GaryR6 »

Southwest notified me of the canceled flight.

Having said that, You have got to love a company that is so dedicated to its customers, that they hold support meetings in a hurricane.
Nothing to good for a Vectric customer!
Thank You for your efforts and welcome to sunny Florida. Stay safe and dry.

JamesB
Vectric Alumni
Model of CNC Machine: Exel CNC SL60/90 Pro

Post by JamesB »

Hopefully everyone will have seen the Global announcement but just to make sure - here is a repeat of that:

We have spoken to the hotel staff about holding the User Group. As far as they are concerned we can still hold a meeting, however we fully understand many people will not want to now come or will have had their travel arrangements cancelled. As such anyone who wants a full refund for the cost of the meeting should contact sales@vectric.com and they will take care of it ASAP.

We do realize some people are already here and others may be on their way. So we've agreed with the hotel that assuming the power stays on we'll hold a scaled down meeting for anyone who makes it. This will only be scaled in terms of numbers but should still be two full days (as I say power permitting). If you are already here or expect to be it would be very helpful for us to know that you still plan to attend - so please email me on jamesb@vectric.com to confirm. Then we'll try and aggregate a list and at least give the hotel a rough idea of numbers.

With regard to the User Group content it will definitely be available as videos through the website at some point and we may also look to hold some online webinars as an alternate to presenting live. We won't be able to confirm that until we get back to the office - hopefully next week - if we can fly out Sunday!

We hope this is a good compromise in an obviously difficult and fluid situation. In short if you will not make it to Orlando then please contact sales@vectric.com for a refund, if you are here or coming then please let me know on jamesb@vectric.com.

Thanks,
James

cac67
Vectric Wizard

Post by cac67 »

Forecast is now for 70 mph winds at home so I'm out. I don't feel comfortable leaving my family to fend for themselves.

Workedwood
Model of CNC Machine: Axiom Pro6

Post by Workedwood »

Thank you James and Am and the rest of the Vectric crew for working with all of us. Being from Ohio I've never paid so much attention to the track of a hurricane before and trying to make the decision "Should I stay or should I go now" (UK Clash reference). I'm getting upset just thinking about the talent pool that will be there with a limited audience and how much brain picking I'll be missing lol. Praying for the safety of all who make it and brave the storm, Be safe.

MarkJohnston
Vectric Wizard
Model of CNC Machine: CAMaster MC4848

Post by MarkJohnston »

This will be the first year since 2009 that I will miss the meeting.

Unfortunately I can't get there.

I also want to thank Vectric for all you do for your customers. Having had a software company many years ago I know what it takes to put on one of these meetings. Hours of time and money.

I will miss everyone and I hope at least the meeting will go without any further problems. I will be looking forward to anything you can do to get us the information we will miss.

Mark