Aspire camp 2016 registration

This forum is for general discussion about Aspire
rickbw
Vectric Apprentice
Model of CNC Machine: Avid CNC

Re: Aspire camp 2016 registration

Post by rickbw »

Sorry if this is a stupid question (or already been answered) - what time does Friday's activities start? And is there an agenda?

Thanks

RebeccaJ
Vectric Staff
Model of CNC Machine: Various

Post by RebeccaJ »

Hello rickbw,

Don't worry, there isn't such thing as a stupid question! Tomorrow starts off with the first presentation at 9am. The agenda is as follows:

Friday 20th May

09:00 – 10:30 “What’s New?” in version 8.5 – James Booth
An in depth demonstration of the new features that are being added to Cut2D, VCarve and Aspire 8.5

10:30 – 11:00 Break

11:00 – 12:00 Slot Together Projects – Beki Jeremy (VCarve & Aspire)
2D Drawing and Toolpathing to demonstrate making slot together assembled parts from flat stock.

12:00 – 13:00 Lunch

13:00 – 14:00 Tips and Tricks 10 x 5 – James Booth (VCarve & Aspire)
A collection of 5 minute tips and tricks to help you do more with the software.

14:00 – 14:30 Break

14:30 – 15:30 3D Clipart Assembly – Beki Jeremy (VCarve & Aspire)
A selection of useful techniques for assembling and editing 3D clipart will be shown using “Design & Make” artwork.
15:30 – 16:00 Break

16:00 – 17:00 The New England School Greg Larson
Our career training program prepares both beginning and experienced woodworkers for careers in architectural woodworking.
We’re unique among woodworking schools in that, after learning cabinet-making fundamentals, our students work directly with members of the local community to design, draw, plan, build, finish and install projects, which these days are usually kitchens.
This exposes students to the entire project life-cycle and prepares them for a range of jobs within the industry or for self-employment. We also take several field trips to introduce students to a variety of cabinetmaking and specialty woodworking shops.
http://www.nesaw.com/

17:00 – 18:00 Modeling from a different perspective – Michael Mezalick
In this Aspire based session Michael will share some of the more interesting methods he’s evolved while producing the custom projects for his own business and as a service to other companies.

Saturday 21st May

09:00 – 10:30 3D Modeling – Beki Jeremy (Aspire)
In this session a number of different 3D modeling projects will be used to demonstrate techniques and ideas for modeling 3D parts in Aspire.

10:30 – 11:00 Break

11:00 – 12:00 Working with Scanned Data – Michael Tyler (Aspire)
Michael (the creator of Vectric’s monthly projects) will demonstrate options and procedures showing how you can create your own dimensional models for your projects using 3D scanning technology and how to utilize the tools in the software to modify, clean up and prepare your scanned models for CNC machining.

12:00 – 13:00 Lunch BBQ

13:00 – 14:00 Making Tools – James Booth (VCarve & Aspire)

This session will be used to show how the software can be used to make tools to print, form and mold other materials.

14:00 – 14:30 Break

14:30 – 15:00 Simple Automaton Toy – James Booth (VCarve & Aspire)
This project will show the design and toolpathing of parts to make a simple toy automaton.

15:00 – 15:30 2 Sided Project – James Booth (Aspire)
This project will model a part that will be cut from at least 2 sides to manufacture it. We’ll examine 2D layout, 3D modeling and setting up the toolpaths to machine it.

I hope that helps!

Thanks,
Beki
Senior Application Engineer - Vectric Ltd.

rickbw
Vectric Apprentice
Model of CNC Machine: Avid CNC

Post by rickbw »

Thank you!

AndyPitts
Model of CNC Machine: ShopBot desktop

Post by AndyPitts »

Another great Aspire Camp. Thanks to all who made this possible! :D
Andy Pitts
AndrewPittsFurnitureMaker.com
YouTube AndyPitts1000

tnwalkinghorse
Model of CNC Machine: Pre-sale

Post by tnwalkinghorse »

AndyPitts wrote:Another great Aspire Camp. Thanks to all who made this possible! :D
I agree Andy. This was our first! We loved it and hated to see it come to an end! Great to meet you and everyone else. And as you said, Thank you to everyone who made this possible. We hope to attend many more camps in the years to come. -Matt :D

BArnold
Vectric Craftsman
Model of CNC Machine: SO2/XCarve hybrid w/NEMA23 on all axes

Post by BArnold »

This was my first camp and it was fantastic! The only problem I can see is my wallet might be a bit lighter in the near future!!!

Barry Anderson
Vectric Craftsman
Model of CNC Machine: Shark

Post by Barry Anderson »

This was my first camp as well. Thanks to all the presenters, and everyone that worked so hard to make this educational camp possible. I'm blessed to live 30 minutes away. I met some folks that traveled a long way. Ate lunch on Thursday with a man from Hawaii. Have been having some difficulty with a project. Sylvan Wells from Florida, and Steven Epperson gave me some advice to help. Sylvan really went out of his way to help me. I had spent many hours working on a drawing, and this morning he had me finished in about 20 minutes. Amazing what knowledge can do. James Philips from Virginia gave me a couple of tips that will really help. I've only been a CNCer about a year and need all the help I can get. The information from the speakers, and the help/interaction with others was well worth attending. I am already looking forward to next year. Thanks again to all.

Barry Anderson

sylvan356
Vectric Craftsman
Model of CNC Machine: CAMaster Stinger 1 w/Rotary, Aspire 12

Post by sylvan356 »

Glad to help you, Barry. I hope the projects cuts well!

Dclifton2
Vectric Wizard
Model of CNC Machine: home built shopbot clone. CNC lathe

Post by Dclifton2 »

Great camp, had a good time and meet a lot of nice people. Vectric put on great presentations and learned a lot of new things.
Don Clifton

mezalick
Vectric Wizard
Model of CNC Machine: Camaster Cobra

Post by mezalick »

Another Aspire camp in the history books.
I would like to thank Jim McGrew for inviting me to lend a hand in this years event.
There were many people involved behind the scenes that deserve thanks as well.
A few come to mind but the rest are not forgotten.
Dante Grassi, and Collin Jarrard, to name a few.
But mostly I would like to thank the entire group that made the trek to Jim’s workshop.
For without them there would be no show...

Till next time...

Michael
Michael Mezalick
https://www.youtube.com/user/mezalick
mm@mezalick.com

BArnold
Vectric Craftsman
Model of CNC Machine: SO2/XCarve hybrid w/NEMA23 on all axes

Post by BArnold »

Thanks to all of you folks for putting on a great camp! And for letting a newbie - and hobbyist - like me attend. It was definitely a learning experience!!!