** VCarve Pro / Aspire / Cut2D V8.022 Error 103 Problems **

This forum is for general discussion about Aspire
BrianM
Vectric Staff
Model of CNC Machine: A few ...

** VCarve Pro / Aspire / Cut2D V8.022 Error 103 Problems **

Post by BrianM »

weasel2003 wrote:since the new update every time i create a 2d cut then save it i try to open it again and i get error 103
himehran2000 wrote:I have a same problem. getting 103 error and can not open files with version 8.
Unfortunately we have a problem with the recent update to V8.022 being unable to read back some files which contain tabs on profile toolpaths - the program displays a '103' error when you attempt to re-open the file. We are currently working on a fix for this, and hope to be able to release a new version on Monday to cure the issue. The new version will be able to read the files currently giving the 103 error.

We have removed V8.022 from the check for updates system, but in the meantime for users who have already updated to V8.022, if you turn off the creation of 2D previews for toolpaths you can continue working with V8.022 (but you will not be able to open currently broken files until the new version is released). To do this, follow these steps ...

1) Click on 'Edit' in the top menu bar

2) Click on 'Options' in the drop down menu - the 'Program Options' dialog will open.

3) In the 'Toolpath Settings' section of the 'Program Options' dialog, click on 'Create 2D Previews' and select 'No' from the drop down list.

Once we have released an updated version you will be able to re-enable this option.

I'm very sorry for this problem and the inconvenience this has caused.

Regards

Brian

himehran2000
Model of CNC Machine: clickncarve, Shrak pro

Re: ** VCarve Pro / Aspire / Cut2D V8.022 Error 103 Problems

Post by himehran2000 »

Mean while I am keeping all my projects open to make sure I can complete them. I can not effort to redo them in the older version.
thanks for all your efforts in fixing this!
Mehran

BrianM
Vectric Staff

Post by BrianM »

We have now produced an updated patch which will allow anyone who updated to 8.022 to open their files. This is currently ONLY available directly from Vectric by sending an email to support@vectric.com.

Brian

AcBCDN
Vectric Apprentice
Model of CNC Machine: HomeBuilt

Post by AcBCDN »

The fix worked perfectly. Thanks for the quick response :D

LittleGreyMan
Vectric Wizard
Model of CNC Machine: 3 axis small size machine

Post by LittleGreyMan »

Brian,

If I understand correctly, even if the 8.022 patch was applied, there is no need applying the temporary patch until we have a specific file with tab on profile toolpaths to open.

No other risk using the V8.022 unless the final patch is released?
Best regards

Didier

W7 - Aspire 8.517

BrianM
Vectric Staff

Post by BrianM »

Hi,

Version 8.024 is now available through the normal Help - Check for Updates and allows anyone who suffered the '103' file error should now be able to re-open their files. Sorry again for the inconvenience we have caused to some of you, and thank you for your patience while we resolved this issue.

Brian