The application was unable to start correctly (0xc000007b)

This forum is for general discussion about Aspire
M Queen
Vectric Apprentice
Model of CNC Machine: WinCNC Hybrid

The application was unable to start correctly (0xc000007b)

Post by M Queen »

I'm not sure this is the place to add a problem that I encountered when I installed Aspire 8.0. If it belongs somewhere else, I'd appreciate it if a moderator would move it.

I am one of the programmers at Microsystems World CNC (WinCNC). We are a vendor of Vectric products. I also provide training to customers who purchase Vectric products from us.

When I got my Demo version of Aspire I immediately installed it on my desktop PC at work without any issue. I then installed it on my laptop but it failed to bring the license dialog box up after it installed. I tried to start it by clicking the icon, but I got a Windows error that said:

Aspire.exe - Application Error
The application was unable to start correctly (0xc000007b). Click OK to close the application.

Since it worked fine for my desktop PC, I figured it had to be something to do with a Windows library file. After searching all weekend, I finally found the solution on Sunday evening. Here is the answer:

This error message may occur on 64 bit operating systems when the Microsoft Visual C++ Redistributable Package is not properly configured.

I copied these 5 files from my desktop PC after it finished loading Aspire 8.0 and was working correctly:

mfc100.dll, mfc100u.dll, msvcr100.dll, msvcp100.dll and msvcr100_clr0400.dll

I saved them in a folder on my desktop, then restarted in Safe Mode.

I copied these files into the Windows/System32 folder letting it overwrite the current files.

I restarted my laptop and voila... It works!!

I want to thank Gary Campbell from CAMaster for trying to help me work it out.
Mike Queen
Microsystems World CNC (WinCNC)
https://www.youtube.com/user/cncMike304

BrianM
Vectric Staff
Model of CNC Machine: A few ...

Re: The application was unable to start correctly (0xc000007

Post by BrianM »

Hi Mike,

I've split this into a separate topic with the error as the title to make it easier to find in future. This is useful information, thank you.

Brian

sailfl
Vectric Wizard
Model of CNC Machine: MechMate

Post by sailfl »

Brian,

I have not purchased the new version but I have a 64 bit computer. Is this a problem with people using 64 bit computers?

BrianM
Vectric Staff
Model of CNC Machine: A few ...

Post by BrianM »

sailfl wrote:Brian,

I have not purchased the new version but I have a 64 bit computer. Is this a problem with people using 64 bit computers?
Hi,
We haven't had anyone else report a problem with the 64 bit build. We have never seen this particular problem before, as Mike says, the system in question seemed to already have a mis-configured redistributable package for Visual C++ installed. We have had the software installed across many hundreds of 64 bit systems now without seeing an error.

Brian

sailfl
Vectric Wizard
Model of CNC Machine: MechMate

Post by sailfl »

Brian,

Thanks for that clarification.