hiding unwanted pp

This forum is for general discussion about Aspire
dan nelson
Vectric Craftsman
Model of CNC Machine: Camaster stinger III x3 with recoil lath

hiding unwanted pp

Post by dan nelson »

I use only 2 post processors for my machine. How can I hide the rest on the list of many?

kzeyus
Vectric Wizard

Re: hiding unwanted pp

Post by kzeyus »

Go the the 'application data folder/postp folder and cut all but the two post processors you want and copy them into another folder in the same area. When you restart your software, only the two in the postp folder will show.
Ken Zey
Rogers, AR
http://www.CedarSlabSigns.com
http://www.lookoutmercantile.com
Shopbot PRS Alpha 72x144

dan nelson
Vectric Craftsman
Model of CNC Machine: Camaster stinger III x3 with recoil lath

Post by dan nelson »

Easy enough thanks, Dan. I copied them into the readme folder and it worked like a charm

Adrian
Vectric Archimage
Model of CNC Machine: ShopBot PRS Alpha 96x48

Post by Adrian »

Go to the File Menu and click on Open Application Data folder. Create a folder called My_PostP. Put the PP's you want to use in that folder and restart Aspire.

COWBOY1296
Vectric Wizard
Model of CNC Machine: SHOPBOT BUDDY PRS 32, 4 FT PWR STICK

Post by COWBOY1296 »

I liked your idea Adrian but worked just the opposite for me. I put all that i dont want to use into the new folder and left the one i wanted in the original folder. It appears to be working.

Adrian
Vectric Archimage

Post by Adrian »

You must have the name slightly wrong or you're using an earlier version of Aspire than 4.5. Note that it's called My underscore PostP not My space PostP.

At version 4.5 the My_PostP feature came in. When Aspire starts it will look for that folder and, if it exists, it will only load the PP's in that folder.

COWBOY1296
Vectric Wizard
Model of CNC Machine: SHOPBOT BUDDY PRS 32, 4 FT PWR STICK

Post by COWBOY1296 »

that must be the difference. I am still using aspire 3.5. But even still it appears to be working doing it my way. Chances are i will update it this year when the newest version comes out. I think that i named it right because i copied your pp file folder name and then pasted it.

4DThinker
Vectric Wizard
Model of CNC Machine: CNC Shark Pro, Probotix Meteor 25" x 50"

Post by 4DThinker »

Just curious Adrian...

Does the same trick work for the tool database? In other words can I have a unique set of tools in something like My_ToolDatabase that will show up without screwing up the master database I've created?

Adrian
Vectric Archimage

Post by Adrian »

No, it's only for the Post Processors.

I use a real-time revision saving program on my tool database so I can unwind to a previous version if I screw up. I have the same program monitoring my parts and toolpath library as well.

4DThinker
Vectric Wizard
Model of CNC Machine: CNC Shark Pro, Probotix Meteor 25" x 50"

Post by 4DThinker »

Thanks Adriian.

Now a tougher question... Does making a My_PostP folder in a single user's application folder persist for all other users that may log-on to the same PC? We have a classroom license for VCarve installed on 30 computers in a college lab. There are 4 unique CNCs elsewhere in the college that files made on these PCs may be used on. I'd create a MY_PostP folder using my login in the lab, but I'm not sure any other unique user logged in would see it.

Adrian
Vectric Archimage

Post by Adrian »

You'd have to ask Vectric on that one. I'm not sure how a classroom license version differs from standard. I would think it wouldn't work as each PC has it's own ProgramData area with the settings.

If it does work like a standard install then you could create a symbolic link to a central My_PostP and do it that way.