vector start points

This forum is for general discussion about Aspire
neverhappen
Model of CNC Machine: Legacy Maverick Gen 2

Re: vector start points

Post by neverhappen »

For my real job I run a CNC Plasma Cutter, I've also used it to run a router on the table but with less precision so I jump to a CNC router table. We use another program which allows us to decide where the plasma starts it's cut. Not just the first but all cuts can be arranged to keep the metal cool. Why not have the same ability in Vectric Aspire and VCarve Pro? Just makes it a better program for those who know how to use it

Bit Breaker
Model of CNC Machine: Home Grown, Gecko 540

Post by Bit Breaker »

From what I see reading the forum is people are posting software improvement suggestions and bug reports on this forum. What's happening IMO is the bugs/suggestions are getting lost in the mix and probably not seen by the Vectric staff. I would suggest Vectric make a new forum section specific to improvement request and/or bug reports in one place.

I've reported a bug via email to Support with the "create vector texture" function that cause the computer to lock up dead if a value of zero is entered in line spacing. The only way to clear it is cycle PC power and restart windows 7. They acknowledge the problem and said it would be fixed in the next version (8.017) release.

4DThinker
Vectric Wizard
Model of CNC Machine: CNC Shark Pro, Probotix Meteor 25" x 50"

Post by 4DThinker »

You have a little control of where a raster pocket starts when you set an angle. 90 degrees is the same direction as 270 degrees, but the tool path starts in opposite corners depending on which you set. No angle? Set 180 rather than leave it at 0 for the same opposite corner results.

Adrian
Vectric Archimage
Model of CNC Machine: ShopBot PRS Alpha 96x48

Post by Adrian »

Bit Breaker wrote:From what I see reading the forum is people are posting software improvement suggestions and bug reports on this forum. What's happening IMO is the bugs/suggestions are getting lost in the mix and probably not seen by the Vectric staff. I would suggest Vectric make a new forum section specific to improvement request and/or bug reports in one place.

I've reported a bug via email to Support with the "create vector texture" function that cause the computer to lock up dead if a value of zero is entered in line spacing. The only way to clear it is cycle PC power and restart windows 7. They acknowledge the problem and said it would be fixed in the next version (8.017) release.
Vectric have posted a few times that any bug reports or feature improvement requests should be sent direct to them via the support@vectric.com email as this forum is primarily for user to user support not Vectric to user support.