Need some assistance please.

This forum is for general discussion about Aspire
tljrns
Model of CNC Machine: PRT 48x96

Need some assistance please.

Post by tljrns »

Good evening,
I am having problems with my program. Purchased Aspire 4.0 some time ago. Use is at least 3 times a week without any issues. The past three days, I am unable to use my software. I open the software from my desktop screen without problem. Complete the job setup and when the next screen opens, I am unable to do anything. Everywhere I click on the screen, absolutely nothing happens. Up on the top of the screen, if there are problems, it states (not responding). Though, during this problem, this does not show this (not responding). Am unable to get the program to respond to anything.

1. The only way to stop the program is to do a cntl+alt+del and stop the program. (in the task manager, it states the program is running)
2. The mouse works perfectly on every other program on this computer.
3. I had made a back up of the tool data base some time ago.
4. Ran a complete virus scan and found no virus
5. Uninstalled Aspire from the computer and reinstalled from the DVD.

After the reinstall, the problem remains. This is frustrating. Has this been an issue to anyone else? Please help me correct this as I am needing to complete the remainder of the Christmas gifts.

Thank you in advance,
Terry

sailfl
Vectric Wizard
Model of CNC Machine: MechMate

Re: Need some assistance please.

Post by sailfl »

Send an email to support. They don't always read the forum.

dond52
Vectric Craftsman

Post by dond52 »

The larger and more detailed I make my projects I get the not responding message.
I close all other programs and wait. This happens a lot during 3D rough and 3D finish calculations.
I mostly use the 50x for details and only .002" to .006" stepover with a .032" dia. tool. So, I figure
my want and need of all the detail I can get, is my problem, and therefore, I just wait it out. I recently
created a dome shaped flaming sun. It is only .875" diameter, and it took about 4 hours for my computer to calculate.
The program will eventually respond. I also think I am running low on RAM memory.

esteeme1
Vectric Wizard
Model of CNC Machine: Cobra 404 ATC; ROMAX WD-1; Shark

Post by esteeme1 »

This is a really old thread you may want to start this in a new string.

In ref to the small carving, did you use a bounding vector around your model. If not you need to create a vector around it. In many cases 50X is way extreme. I'm guessing you are cutting coins or small jewelry and using a fine bit as well? Most machines don't have those type of tolerances to benefit from a very high resolution. Do you have a high performance machine? I predominantly use 7X for most of my work. If you have a lot of small components like rope and chain links try to group them together that will help to speed up the process.

if your running low on ram you may want to look at upgrading your system.
Jim Darlas
"Can Do!"
http://www.esteemedwoodcrafts.com/
http://www.esteemedplaques.com/

tljrns
Model of CNC Machine: PRT 48x96

Post by tljrns »

Thank you everyone for the input. Did get a response from Mark at Vectric. He stated that there was no one having this problem. What I ended up doing that fixed it was.
1. Saved the tool data base.
2. Uninstalled the Aspire from the laptop.
3. Updated the Antivirus software currently on the laptop.
4. Completely turned off the laptop overnight.
5. Next day, turned the laptop back on and reinstalled Aspire 4.0 from the DVD.
6 Reinstalled the tool data base.
8. Open Aspire 4.0 and so far, everything is functioning just fine.

Once again everyone, thank you and please have a safe Christmas and New Year with family and friends.
Terry