how to bend one dimention?

This forum is for general discussion about Aspire
treojohn
Model of CNC Machine: quick

how to bend one dimention?

Post by treojohn »

So I am cutting some 6061 chevy bowties and the flat one (for a Silverado tailgate) is no problem. I have a great .crv3d imported and ready to cut. The front one (for a grill insert) is angled downward from its center line .75". so I have to set up and cut the back of a 1" block of aluminum and then cut the front. my question Is what tool do you use in aspire to drop the sides down? the only one I have used before is the "create shape" tab and the second one down is the "angular profile" cone shaped tool. this wont work because it pulls down the top and bottom of the bowtie as well.
bowtie.jpg

Leo
Vectric Wizard
Model of CNC Machine: 1300 x 1300 x 254 Chinese Made

Re: how to bend one dimention?

Post by Leo »

I am hoping that one of the "talented" Aspire guys has an idea. I am not as talented, BUT, I think it could be done in a fixture with the material angled. Do the right side, tilt the fixture then do the left side. I am sure there would be some hand work, but it's only aluminum, eh?
Imagine the Possibilities of a Creative mind, combined with the functionality of CNC

DDWALKER
Vectric Craftsman
Model of CNC Machine: Homemade-Running Mach3

Post by DDWALKER »

I am not sure if this is the best way. I would set up a two sided job and then on the back do a two rail sweep similar to the one shown. And then reverse it for the front and model the emblem.

Hope this is helpful.

David
Attachments
Two Rail Sweep.jpg

treojohn
Model of CNC Machine: quick

Post by treojohn »

thanks for the help guys. I was thinking of both of those but the manual material fixturing is what I was trying to avoid (just want to let the machine do the work elegantly) I was trying to figure out the two rail sweep method. I will look further into that. this seems so simple, just bending an object down a center line, but im stumped.

dond52
Vectric Craftsman

Post by dond52 »

Maybe something like this will help you.
Chevrolet Emblem.crv3d
(76 KiB) Downloaded 169 times
Attachments
Chevrolet Emblem.PNG