sorry i placed a wrong file

This forum is for general discussion about Aspire
Gerry Perrault
Vectric Apprentice

sorry i placed a wrong file

Post by Gerry Perrault »

Sorry for misleading you,i put on the wrong file, my question is still the same,what are those lines would they appear on the sign, it will be carve on HDU 2'', a 40''x40'' and at the price of HDU i don't want to scrap the job, sorry again, Gerry
Attachments
projet bourassa laflamme.jpg
I rather be the leader,than the follower

tmerrill
Vectric Archimage
Model of CNC Machine: ShopBot

Re: sorry i placed a wrong file

Post by tmerrill »

Hi Gerry,

The file would really help but I am assuming it is a very large file at that project size. But have you tried to post it or zip it first and then post it?

Are these all 2D toolpaths or do you have any 3D components in there?

One thing to quickly eliminate is to check the Toolpath Preview Quality. Select "Toolpaths" from the top menu, then select "Preview Simulation Quality" and finally be sure Best Quality is checked or check it if it isn't. This will slow the toolpath preview down but the final result may not show the stray pixels.

Let us know.

Tim

Gerry Perrault
Vectric Apprentice

Post by Gerry Perrault »

thank you for taking time to solve my problem.
i don't have what is needed to zip, i have tried it is over 13k
So i am sending 3 jpg. with my files on .
i cheked the quality preview, it is at the most.
i am using model panel 38-ii
the size is: w-44.8800'' and h-39.2162
2'' hdu

after looking at roughing and finish
this is what i see.
Don't know if you have enough infos
Attachments
roughing 3d bourassa.jpg
finish 3d bourassa.jpg
picture 3d bourassa.jpg
I rather be the leader,than the follower

tmerrill
Vectric Archimage
Model of CNC Machine: ShopBot

Post by tmerrill »

Hi Gerry,

Thanks for the additional info. I can now duplicate what you are seeing and it should not be a problem.

You have the model positioned at the top of your material so the sporadic lines show the finish pass not really removing any material. You can probably machine this safely.

But, if you want to be safe and improve the appearance of the preview, open the Material Setup from the Toolpath tab and set a small value in the 'Gap Above Model' input box. For the second picture I used 0.02" but you could use a smaller number if you want to.

If you want to use the model at the top of the material and save a lot of machining time, instead of doing a 3D finish pass across the entire surface (long machining time), you can create a vector shape and offset that only contains the rounded edge of the panel as shown in the 3rd picture.

The other option is to just use the vector shape for that panel and use a 2D Profile toolpath (Machine On) with a roundover or other edge forming bit. There is really nothing in your design that requires any 3D work assuming you have an appropriate edging bit. If not, then just doing the edge as a 3D surface will be the best approach.

Ask if you have any questions.

Tim
Attachments
Gerry lines in surface.jpg
Gerry lines in surface 2.jpg
Gerry outer edge only.jpg