DVD of Premade Projects

This forum is for general discussion about Aspire
crash5050
Vectric Craftsman

DVD of Premade Projects

Post by crash5050 »

Does anyone know of a source for a DVD or such of pre-made projects to cut and build? I love cutting and making things with the cnc, but I have no creative ability and cannot seem to get the grasp on creating things.

David

Rcnewcomb
Vectric Archimage
Model of CNC Machine: 24x36 GCnC/WinCNC with ATC

Re: DVD of Premade Projects

Post by Rcnewcomb »

Not a DVD, but the following sites may be of interest:
Lasertech Alaska PuzzleLock Files for CNC Router Cutting
Fabrice sells flat pack 3D Models to be cut out of plywood

Disclaimer: I have not purchased patterns from either site.
- Randall Newcomb
10 fingers in, 10 fingers out, another good day in the shop

Phil
Vectric Wizard

Post by Phil »

A design and carve DVD of wildlife scenes, images of animals and scenery items is available through Vectric. It includes a number of scenes of animals in natural settings that are ready to carve. This link explains it all with examples of the artwork. I purchased it a few years ago. It is a wonderful resource and includes excellent tutorials on working with Aspire to create and manipulate scenes.
http://www.designandcarve.com/vectric/

Phil

chostet
Vectric Craftsman

Post by chostet »

Woodmarvels.com has tons of really cool projects. They are optimized for lazer but a little bit of tweaking and a few fillets solves that. See my post about a model T here: http://www.vectric.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=29&t=11809 .
Chris Hostetler
Hostetler Custom Cabinetry
Omnitech ECO 5x10
Clemson University 2007
Charleston,SC

ilsaarin
Vectric Craftsman

Post by ilsaarin »

woodmarvels license terms sucks. If you buy dxf file, you can cut one product. If you want to cut second, you have to buy file again. And it is not allowed to sell any products.

MarkJohnston
Vectric Wizard
Model of CNC Machine: CAMaster MC4848

Post by MarkJohnston »

David,
Have you checked out the Vectric projects of the month? They are all documented very well and there's some really nice ones. There are a lot of files on this forum that people have posted for anyone to use. The only problem is finding them. I set up a folder on my computer and have been trying to copy interesting projects into that when I see something I like.

It would be nice if it were possible to post to a certain thread on the forum if someone wanted to make files available. I have Aspire but noticed that you have Vcarve so that makes a difference as well as the version of the software that people have.

I also have the design and carve series that James B sells (Vector Art 3D) both the wild life and the western series. They are wonderful and as mentioned earlier, they have great tutorials and some really nice made up projects. Hope there's going to be more coming, hint, hint.

Just some thoughts.

Mark

ManitobaKeith
Vectric Wizard

Post by ManitobaKeith »

Rcnewcomb wrote: Disclaimer: I have not purchased patterns from either site.
I purchased & used the full set of files from LazerTech & found them to be pretty good. I did some tweaking to get them to meet my needs, then I expanded the lineup. I no longer have a machine that can cut these files, so I don't use them any more. I think sales really depend on the area and the area I live in doesn't spend much money or have much for population.

I believe they were worth the money paid. They were not a great seller, but they were a good seller, as I had to price higher than $35 for most items.

As with all KDF items, one needs to get the cutout width correct for the thickness of the Baltic Birch being cut.
Not a big deal if one buys a full lift of BB that is the same thickness.
Keith
It is not only what we do,but also what we do not do,for which we are accountable-Jean Moliere