Ontario Users group Update-Metting October 15,2011

This forum is for general discussion about Aspire
John Murphy
Vectric Wizard
Model of CNC Machine: AXYZ 5010

Ontario Users group Update-Metting October 15,2011

Post by John Murphy »

Hi Everyone.

If you are not aware, the users group meeting is scheduled for Saturday October 15,2011.

I will be here at 9:00am for those who wish to come and go over some of the functionality of various Vectric programs. This will be a peer support group, so if any of the more advanced users wish to come and help out, it would be greatly appreciated. If you have a lap top, your welcome to bring it along.

The main presentations will start at noon. I encourage everyone to bring a project, and field any questions that may arise. This type of format seemed to work last time, so we'll try it again.

We all ready have some people who will present topics of there choosing. If you want to do a formal presentation (Stan? Rob?) let me know.

Again, everyone is welcome, but a roll call here would give me a chance to get an idea of how large a group we will have.

Thanks
John

GerryV
Vectric Apprentice

Re: Ontario Users group Update-Metting October 15,2011

Post by GerryV »

John,
It may not be an issue but, just in case you missed it, that's the same date that Vectric is doing their annual North American users group meeting in Las Vegas so that might pull some of the prospective attendees away. Also, David Buchsbaum is running his Shopbot/Partworks workshop in the US the week before. Hopefully, not a problem. :)
A Legend in His Own Mind

fatham
Vectric Apprentice
Model of CNC Machine: Joe's 2006 Homemade

Post by fatham »

Hello John,
Well John, seeing as I how I can't afford to go to VEGAS, anyway ha ha, that will not keep Me from attending.
John I don't have much to offer except my pair of eyes and ears to take it all in. Hope we have a good gathering this year,
although I am sure that Jame's presents, will be missed this year.

Cheers.....Doug

John Murphy
Vectric Wizard

Post by John Murphy »

Hi Guys.

I realized I picked the same date after I had read the vectric news letter.

I realize we may miss a couple of people do to schedule conflicts, but I don't want to leave it go too late in the season.

Doug, you're always welcome here.

John

John Murphy
Vectric Wizard

Post by John Murphy »

Hi Guys.

Just a brief update here.

Jamie oxenham will be doing a presentation on a subject of his choice. Check out Jamie's work.

If anyone has specific questions regarding software or manufacturing, please post them here, and I'll see if we can prepare for those.

John

John Murphy
Vectric Wizard

Post by John Murphy »

Hi Guys.

We're only a couple of weeks away from the meeting. Can you give me an idea of how many people are considering coming?

You can post a response on this thread.

Thanks
John

fatham
Vectric Apprentice
Model of CNC Machine: Joe's 2006 Homemade

Post by fatham »

Hi John; As I stated above I will be there. I hope You have had others tell You they are coming via a PM to You, or there is going to be a Small turn-out ha ha.

Cheers Doug

larryo
Vectric Craftsman

Post by larryo »

Hi this is larry from walford up here in nothern ontario. I hope to be able to come as well. I am trying to talk the wife into it so if I come there will be two of us. I cant offer much as everything I do is probly weird to the rest of you. So I will probly sit and listen and learn. If that is all right with you . Maybe I will have somthing to offer ??? Is that okay with you. Is guelph near newmarket My son lives there so I could stay with him for the weekend.

Dropout

Post by Dropout »

larryo wrote:Hi this is larry from walford up here in nothern ontario. I hope to be able to come as well. I am trying to talk the wife into it so if I come there will be two of us. I cant offer much as everything I do is probly weird to the rest of you. So I will probly sit and listen and learn. If that is all right with you . Maybe I will have somthing to offer ??? Is that okay with you. Is guelph near newmarket My son lives there so I could stay with him for the weekend.
No, it's not, but I live in Newmarket and am planning to go. Maybe we could travel together from here.

mezalick
Vectric Wizard
Model of CNC Machine: Camaster Cobra

Post by mezalick »

Still checking my work schedule but just for a refreshing;
what is the address
and are there places to stay the night if needed?
Thanks,
Michael
Michael Mezalick
https://www.youtube.com/user/mezalick
mm@mezalick.com

John Murphy
Vectric Wizard

Post by John Murphy »

Hi Michael.

The address is 79 Regal Road
Guelph. Unit #6

There are at least 5 motels/hotels within 1km of my shop.

John

Glen Peterson
Vectric Craftsman
Model of CNC Machine: shopbot

Post by Glen Peterson »

Hey John and everyone. I am still deciding whether I will be there this year. I attended last year and enjoyed meeting everyone and some great eats. My friend Rodger MacMunn came with me last year but he is not available that weekend but if I come I will have another woodworker with me. Will confirm later this week.

John- Should people coming bring a chair this year?

John Murphy
Vectric Wizard

Post by John Murphy »

Hi Glen.

Hope you get a chance to join us.

And yes, please bring a chair.

John

larryo
Vectric Craftsman

Post by larryo »

Hi drop out I am about 6 hours from new market some people said it was about a hour from you then my buddy told me yesterday it was 3 hours away. Are you going. maybe we can work something out My son lives on cherry wood drive. three houses up from the school. I shold go see him and this would be a good time to do so. You know the old saying kill two birds with one stone. I have been trying to get my new machine up and runing before I left to go but I dont know if I will be able to. the power supply has taken longer than I had hoped. It will be a portable machine. small compact take down in minutes put up and run in minutes. I was hoping to be able to show it of but It probly wont happen right now.

mumaharps

Post by mumaharps »

Hi I have discovered there is a Ontario Vectric users group. I'm using Aspire 3. I See that there is a meeting on the 15th.
Do you still have room for a participant?
Thanks,

Roger Muma
www.mumaharps.com