James McGrew
http://www.mcgrewwoodwork.com
CAMaster ATC 508 24/7 http://dropc.am/p/EJaKyl

RoutnAbout
Vectric Wizard
Model of CNC Machine: 24x18 Desktop

Re: Vectric User Group Meeting 2011

Post by RoutnAbout »

Bill, Tim and Michael, Thanks for the Up Date and the photographs.

Looks like a great setup and a nice curious crowd. Thanks for the photographs... keep them coming
How about a photo of all the Vectric Staff and Beta Testers!!!!
Roll of Honor <-- Never Forget
________
Don

Paul A
Vectric Apprentice
Model of CNC Machine: Shopbot-Laser-Custom CNC & Indexer

Post by Paul A »

RoutnAbout wrote:Bill, Tim and Michael, Thanks for the Up Date and the photographs.

Looks like a great setup and a nice curious crowd. Thanks for the photographs... keep them coming
How about a photo of all the Vectric Staff and Beta Testers!!!!
Plus 1

How about a heads up on the upgrades in 3.5 & 6.5 ?
Paul

If you only have a hammer, everything looks like a nail.

http://www.fretworks.co.uk/

Timvmax
Vectric Wizard

Post by Timvmax »

Those of us who really paid attention came away with a special award!!
Attachments
Mug1.JPG
Mug2.JPG

calgrdnr
Vectric Wizard
Model of CNC Machine: ShopBot prt with 4g upgrade

Post by calgrdnr »

Howdy guys ,

The meeting was every bit as good as I knew I was always missing out on :) the only problem was No good BBQ :)

In all seriousness I would recommend anyone and everyone who has Vectric software to go to a user meeting .I learned all of short cut and techniques,
I hope that they will hold more on the west cost ...but really I would love to make one on the east coast ....and I suppose could force myself to go to south Carolina ...

I enjoyed meeting all the fine folks and making friends it was great talking CNC / Vectric software and the items we make and can make with people who understand all the fun and problems :shock: lol

I will try post some pictures soon .

Kent .

mtylerfl
Vectric Archimage
Model of CNC Machine: -CarveWright CNC -ShopBot Buddy PRSAlpha

Post by mtylerfl »

Hello All,

What a great Vectric User Group! It was wonderful to meet face-to-face with the folks who were able to attend and wish you all could have been here, too.

Not only did we enjoy seeing the fantastic demos of the new Aspire and VCarve Pro software, we also saw some wonderful Show-and-Tell projects. Of course the best part of meetings like this is the people. It doesn't get much better than this - the Vectric community is one of those most helpful and positive groups I've ever encountered.

Stuart will be posting more photos of the event at his first opportunity. (He has a much better quality camera than I!).

As usual, the Vectric Team put on a First-Class event - many thanks to the entire Vectric Staff for their hospitality and the 100's of hours they spent in preparation to make sure this User Group went off without a hitch. Outstanding job, to be sure!

I understand that Stuart will be putting together a write-up with more specifics on the new software releases coming very soon!
Michael Tyler

facebook.com/carvebuddy

-CarveWright CNC
-ShopBot Buddy PRSAlpha CNC

revwarguy
Vectric Apprentice
Model of CNC Machine: homebuilt

Post by revwarguy »

Just wanted to echo what everyone else has said -

Vectric always does a great job with these. Unlike a lot of software companies, which usually at a venue like this talk mostly about their products, Vectric always focuses on what you can DO with their products, and that makes all the difference. Hope they never change that.

This was my 3rd UG meeting, and once again I leave full of new potential techniques and ideas.

Thanks, guys.

cabnet636
Vectric Wizard
Model of CNC Machine: CAMaster 508 ATC

Post by cabnet636 »

calgrdnr wrote:Howdy guys ,

The meeting was every bit as good as I knew I was always missing out on :) the only problem was No good BBQ :)

In all seriousness I would recommend anyone and everyone who has Vectric software to go to a user meeting .I learned all of short cut and techniques,
I hope that they will hold more on the west cost ...but really I would love to make one on the east coast ....and I suppose could force myself to go to south Carolina ...

I enjoyed meeting all the fine folks and making friends it was great talking CNC / Vectric software and the items we make and can make with people who understand all the fun and problems :shock: lol

I will try post some pictures soon .

Kent .

kent it would be great to meet you , and hopefully you could speak on some of your work,, we will begin planing in jan !!
James McGrew
http://www.mcgrewwoodwork.com
CAMaster ATC 508 24/7 http://dropc.am/p/EJaKyl

MarkJohnston
Vectric Wizard
Model of CNC Machine: CAMaster MC4848

Post by MarkJohnston »

What a fantastic Vectric meeting!!

I can't believe how much I learn when attending, this is my second time to go. The guys from Vectric continue to work so hard for us and this meeting did not disappoint. The sessions were full of all the information about the new update to Aspire 3.5 and 6.5 VCarve pro.

They had a great room with two big screens and an elevated platform to speak from so very one in the room could hear. The hotel was wonderful and the food was great .

They gave us each a DVD with all the new enhancements to Aspire 3.5 and VCarve 6.5 on it, the topics on the DVD are:
1. What's new in Aspire 3.5 and VCarve 6.5
2. Tips & tricks
3. Advanced Modeling and Machining projects
4. 2D & 2.5 D Toolpath Techniques
5. Textured Panels & Backgrounds
6. Rotary Machining Overview and Examples

Best of all the update is suppose to be released this month. I imagine the DVD with all the advanced tutorials will be included.

James Booth did a wonderful job explaining all the things that he presented as well as all the other Vectric guys. My only problem was overload, my brain can't handle all the information that James puts out. I needed a nap after each of his sessions.

One of my favorite sessions was when Michael Tyler spoke about the Vectric's project of the month and how he get his inspiration to make those wonder projects that he shares with us all. I tried to get Michael to tell us what was coming in the future but he wouldn't talk, sorry guys I tried.

It is so nice to be able to speak with so many of the talented guys in the CNC world. If you have any questions you can get them answered at these meetings and that alone makes it worth going. Guys like Tim Merrill are there and willing to share with anyone that has a question or a problem.

Thanks Vectric for such a great product and all the work you put into it.

Mark

laconcepts
Vectric Craftsman

Post by laconcepts »

Michael T... Great job on the presentation sir. I certainly appreciate the projects that you are posting for us. They are very inspirational.

Kelly Watkins
Dyna CNC Plasma/Router
USAF-- Fadal 4020, Shopbot PRT 4X8

calgrdnr
Vectric Wizard
Model of CNC Machine: ShopBot prt with 4g upgrade

Post by calgrdnr »

hopefully you could speak on some of your work
James ,

I would love to make it and I would even try to speak again :oops: .
I thought I was gonna die in front of all those people ... they were very kind :)

http://www.vectric.com/forum/download/f ... &mode=view

Kelly and Ron did a great presentation on all the fantastic work we have been fortunate to have then post on the forum .
their work even looks better in person :)

I do have a request if it is not against the Air Force rules could you post pictures of the not sensitive portions of the shop :)

some where on the forum is a place to post your machines :)

thanks Kent

tmerrill
Vectric Wizard
Model of CNC Machine: ShopBot

Post by tmerrill »

This was by far the best user's group meeting yet. As others have said the meeting room was excellent and the two days flowed smoothly.

It was great meeting old friends and making new ones. The show and tell items were all impressive as were the presentations.

I was very pleased to meet two more of the Vectric team, Edward (EdwardP) and Stuart (StuartH). You will see a lot of Edward's programming expertise in the upcoming release of Aspire V3.5 and VCP V6.5 and Stuart has done wonders with organizing the website and videos, creating newsletters and setting up the Monthly projects among other things.

Tony was greatly missed but it was good to hear he is enjoying retirement and doing well.

Tim

laconcepts
Vectric Craftsman

Post by laconcepts »

Hey Kent,

I would be happy to post some pictures of the shop. Our shopbot however sits in what is probably the most horrible shop on the entire base. Some temp style old building on cinder blocks. Its been condemned 3 times.. LOL.
We are searching for a place to put it and some supporting equipment. As Im sure you know, it would destroy a room with shavings and dust. hehe. for that fact we cant have it in our shop.. especially since there is lots of welding going on. Sparks and sawdust dont mix for some reason. LOL!!!.

I will take some pics tomorrow.. Thank you for the kind words and keep up the excellent work sir. I have been telling folks about them all day.

Kelly
Dyna CNC Plasma/Router
USAF-- Fadal 4020, Shopbot PRT 4X8

larrybadgett
Vectric Wizard
Model of CNC Machine: ShopSabre

Post by larrybadgett »

But we still haven't heard what the upgrades are. :cry:
If the DVD is out I wouldn't think it is still top secret!
Woodchip
Wud Bi Tek
http://wudbitek.com/

MarkJohnston
Vectric Wizard
Model of CNC Machine: CAMaster MC4848

Post by MarkJohnston »

Vectric didn't say not to share what was said at the meeting so heres some screen prints from the DVD given to us and covered in a lot of detail at the meeting.
Attachments
Whats new Aspire 3.5.PNG
aspire 3.5 create arcs.PNG
aspire 3.5 profile pass depths.PNG
aspire 3.5 transparent backgrounds.PNG