Vectric User Group Meeting 2011

This forum is for general discussion about Aspire
JamesB
Vectric Alumni
Model of CNC Machine: Exel CNC SL60/90 Pro

Re: Vectric User Group Meeting 2011

Post by JamesB »

We have considered the idea of broadcasting the meetings but so far we have not seen a way where the quality of what we could show would be good enough. Getting an image which showed the details on the screen as well as the presenter clearly along with clear sound of both presenter and audience and then trying to stream this at any reasonably quality from a hotel meeting room would almost certainly result in an unsatisfactory experience for the viewer and possibly negatively affect the experience of those in attendance too.

Thanks,
James

routerhead

Post by routerhead »

I would love to attend the user group, but not having either the time or money makes it impossible. Is it possible to purchase a recording of the event?
Thanks.

Gerry Perrault
Vectric Apprentice

Post by Gerry Perrault »

Thank you James
I appreciate your comments,but allow me to comeback on the subject.At verticalartisans.com they do have some broadcast of event or discussion via the web where people can inter act. By doing so members are aware of what is going on,, without pictures and on a special post you could post some pictures of what is going on.
These pictures could be release prior to the event and by doing so we could follow the presentation,and this would be a compromise for the real thing going on at that particular hour by the speaker.

By the way have you notice that there is almost 3000 people that went to the user group meething post.
Good thinking. Gerry
I rather be the leader,than the follower

rbrague
Vectric Craftsman

Post by rbrague »

Another option if you are interested is the use of Webinar.
I noticed one of your competitors(will remain nameless) is using this technology
Rick

kilrabit
Vectric Wizard

Post by kilrabit »

Webinars and such are OK, but they do not compare to the User Group Meetings. You will learn 10 times the amount that you will learn on a recording. It is not just what James teaches or the other Vectritions teach you. It is the meeting of other people who are just interested as you are in CNC, and the ideas that are discussed over a meal or a beer, that is a lot of the learning experience. Sometimes a little hand waving and napkin sketching will make an idea come to life. When you meet people and exchange a phone number, stop by each others shop on vacation, and stay a few days just because you know are welcome. A lot more reasons can be listed, but the meeting of the people, and the people at Vectric is a great learning experience. If you cannot afford to go this year, maybe they will be closer to you next year. If you can afford it, and you do not have time you ought to make time to go, it is well worth it. This is my opinion, I made time to go once, and do not regret it in the least. The knowledge and people I met have paid me back many times over.

Roy

cabnet636
Vectric Wizard
Model of CNC Machine: CAMaster 508 ATC

Post by cabnet636 »

i can relate to the locations and have attended the ones in dallas and memphis,, they have also been held in PA as well. Vegas is out of my reach both work and travel wise yet the need for one on the west coast was there,, i will host another in sc in the spring and usually start planning after the first of the year,
James McGrew
http://www.mcgrewwoodwork.com
CAMaster ATC 508 24/7 http://dropc.am/p/EJaKyl

rickdaniels
Model of CNC Machine: Cam-Wood

Post by rickdaniels »

Can someone tell me what I should bring to the user group meeting (if anything) such as laptop with Aspire software?

cabnet636
Vectric Wizard

Post by cabnet636 »

if you can bring some show and tell ! both for questions and answers,,
James McGrew

JamesB
Vectric Alumni
Model of CNC Machine: Exel CNC SL60/90 Pro

Post by JamesB »

There is no need to bring anything in particular. The presentations are designed to be watched and absorbed rather than followed along on a laptop. Some people do have their PC's though and often I get questions on day 2 after people play around with some of the things we showed overnight in their rooms. Personally I think most attendees seem to get the most by watching and jotting down notes then asking questions at the end of the presentations.

As Jim says though its definitely worth bringing something for the show and tell. This year we will be using the room on the Friday evening to allow everyone to lay out what they have brought. Then we will have an informal session to look everything and chat with each other. AS well as showing off what you have made this is also a good opportunity to bring something which maybe did not end up as you had hoped or you would like to get ideas on.

Cheers,
James

Bobbo
Vectric Apprentice
Model of CNC Machine: Romaxx WD-1

Post by Bobbo »

if anyone gets in on wed evening or thursday prior to meeting and want to get together please feel free to give me a call.

516-650-1691

Bob
Bobbo

BobboArt.com

cabnet636
Vectric Wizard

Post by cabnet636 »

have a great time and post updates and pictures !!!
James McGrew

RoutnAbout
Vectric Wizard
Model of CNC Machine: 24x18 Desktop

What Happens in Vegas, Stays in Vegas

Post by RoutnAbout »

It's around 5:00pm in VEGAS.
Don't listen to the Vegas Commercials (What Happens in Vegas, Stays in Vegas)
We are impatiently waiting for Feed Back and Photos of the first Day.... It's Been to Quiet!!!
Roll of Honor <-- Never Forget
________
Don

BSImages
Vectric Wizard
Model of CNC Machine: Home designed and built.

Post by BSImages »

The first day went great! Very informative, I learned a lot. It was great put faces to all of the forum folk that I met today I am sorry but I didn't get any pictures today...

Timvmax
Vectric Wizard

Post by Timvmax »

I think everybody's in the bar, you'll have to wait til tomorrow for the stories & pics.
Some nice upgrades in 3.5 & 6.5, lots of fantastic show'ntell, tutorials.....you should've been there :lol: :lol:

mtylerfl
Vectric Archimage
Model of CNC Machine: -CarveWright CNC -ShopBot Buddy PRSAlpha

Post by mtylerfl »

BSImages wrote:The first day went great! Very informative, I learned a lot. It was great put faces to all of the forum folk that I met today I am sorry but I didn't get any pictures today...

A few pics of the venue, attendees and staff on the first day (about 8am)

About 120+ people, I estimate. Great venue setup...two projection screens, nice sound system (everyone can hear), seating allows everyone to see what's going on no matter where they are seated.
Attachments
First_Day_early_8am_Edward_Vectric_Staff.jpg
First_Day_early_8am_James_Vectric_Staff.jpg
First_Day_early_8am_pic_1.jpg
First_Day_early_8am_pic_2.jpg
First_Day_early_8am_Stuart_Vectric_Staff.jpg
Michael Tyler

facebook.com/carvebuddy

-CarveWright CNC
-ShopBot Buddy PRSAlpha CNC