duplicate vector not a duplicate

This forum is for general discussion about Aspire
dhagen1999
Model of CNC Machine: nextwave shark

duplicate vector not a duplicate

Post by dhagen1999 »

I created a test drawing and Aspire is showing an error when generating a toolpath saying "duplicate vector". But it is not a duplicate I have deleted it a number of times and redrawn it a number of times and I always says it is a duplicate. I don't get it.

In the photo the diagonal dotted line going from lower left to upper right Aspire is saying is a duplicate. It is not, so what is going on?
duplicate vector.JPG
Attachments
draawing test.crv3d
(54.5 KiB) Downloaded 24 times

FixitMike
Vectric Wizard
Model of CNC Machine: Shark Pro Plus (retired)

Re: duplicate vector not a duplicate

Post by FixitMike »

What are you doing (what toolpath, etc.) to get that message?

When I looked at your file I noticed that all of the vectors were selected for the toolpath except the diagonal line, and the start and cut depths were both zero, which means the tool will not do any cutting. Nothing I did came up with the message.
Good judgement comes from experience.
Experience comes from bad judgement.

Adrian
Vectric Archimage
Model of CNC Machine: ShopBot PRS Alpha 96x48

Post by Adrian »

Did you draw the vectors in Aspire or are they imported?

If you use the Select Duplicate Vectors tool it picks up that line as duplicate as well as when it's included in the toolpath. I'm assuming the number of intersections is throwing the duplicate check off.

Interestingly I found that if you move another vector, like the rectangle one, a fraction of a mm that then shows as a duplicate vector instead.

SteveNelson46
Vectric Wizard
Model of CNC Machine: Camaster Stinger 1

Post by SteveNelson46 »

I started a new 12" by 12" single sided project and used the box tool to draw a box centered in the middle of the board. Then, using the polyline tool, I drew a diagonal line from one corner to the opposite corner. Repeated drawing a line from the other two corners. The select duplicate vectors tool still selects one of the diagonal lines as a duplicate.
Steve