Installing Aspire on Mac

This forum is for general discussion about Aspire
TeeQue
Model of CNC Machine: DWC2440

Installing Aspire on Mac

Post by TeeQue »

Hi, I’ve been running a Mac for a long time and just got a CNC, but the software aspire as you know, only works on windows. So I have an older Mac pro I would like to put aspire on. I know parallel is what we need with the older version of Windows 10 be better but also with an older Mac mid 2012 be suitable to operate aspire. My CNC that I purchased from a person in Ohio also came with a very nice windows desktop but that’s in my shop and I like to do some stuff in my home.

The other big question, would it be better to find someone to do the installation for parallels? As I am not very familiar with the internals installations of such thing hope to hear from some people as this is my first post to this forum.

Thanks to you all, Tom

Jim_in_PA
Vectric Craftsman
Model of CNC Machine: Camaster Stinger II SR-44 (MacOS user)

Re: Installing Aspire on Mac

Post by Jim_in_PA »

I have run Aspire in Windows under Parallels since I bought my CNC machine in 2018 as I use MacOS other than for the actual CNC machine's control computer. It's worked pretty much flawlessly, other than the Apple rodent is "touchy" in drawing programs on Windows 'cause it's a touch pad, too.

Install of Parallels and Windows is easy. Parallels is pretty much "self guided" relative to installation. You do need to acquire a legal Windows license which isn't hard...you can get a system builder's Windows license off Amazon or buy a license direct from Microsoft (usually more expensive) but again, it must be a legal license. Be careful sourcing that.

I use OneDrive to transfer drawing/cutting files from my office to my shop for cutting which also provides off-prem backup.

BrooksM
Vectric Apprentice
Model of CNC Machine: CAMaster Stinger 1 SR-24, Shark SD110

Post by BrooksM »

Congrats on the exploring the CNC journey. I've had mine for about 2 years and continue to be amazed at the possibilities.

With that said IMHO, just invest a couple hundred bucks and get a Windows computer to take full advantage of the new features offered in version 11.5. Black Friday Sale resulted in this find.

https://www.google.com/shopping/product ... HsQ9pwGCA4

Walmart offering a $109 laptop.

And as you find out if the CNC world is for you, not a whole ventured.

Enjoy the journey,
Brooks

TeeQue
Model of CNC Machine: DWC2440

Post by TeeQue »

The reason I was asking this question is that I already have a MacPro it’s a 2012 model. No new cost. So will the 11.5 version of aspire need to be installed on a 2022 earlier computer. The shop has a great machine that is a gaming computer.

LittleGreyMan
Vectric Wizard
Model of CNC Machine: 3 axis small size machine

Post by LittleGreyMan »

If you only want to run Aspire on this Mac and no Mac OS software, simply use bootcamp to turn it into a Windows computer.

https://support.apple.com/boot-camp/