Aspire Trial Version?

This forum is for general discussion about Aspire
BKeith
Vectric Craftsman
Model of CNC Machine: HD500

Aspire Trial Version?

Post by BKeith »

If I download Aspire Trial Version, does it let you actually go through the whole process of letting you make a part of your own design, create a TAP file and cutting it out on the CNC Router, or does it just have its own samples you can play with to see what its capabilities are?

adze_cnc
Vectric Wizard
Model of CNC Machine: AXYZ 4008

Re: Aspire Trial Version?

Post by adze_cnc »

The free trial will let you use all functions within the software with the exception of saving the toolpaths and performing some 'Export' functions.

—from Vectric’s trial page
Except that there are certain projects available that can have gcode saved for cutting on your machine. Search here.

BKeith
Vectric Craftsman
Model of CNC Machine: HD500

Post by BKeith »

Thanks, that's basically what I was understanding about it. You have full use of all design use functions of the program, but you can't make it since it won't let you save it to a TAP file. So, the only way you're going to see if you are happy with the final output is to purchase it. I was wondering if they had some sample 3D files you could take all the way to the CNC and cut them out.

gkas
Vectric Wizard
Model of CNC Machine: Aspire, Axiom AR8 Pro+, Axiom 4.2W Laser

Post by gkas »

There is a selection of files that you can load and cut on your machine (bottom of page). Here is the link: https://www.vectric.com/free-trial/aspire

martin54
Vectric Archimage
Model of CNC Machine: Gerber 48, Triac PC, Isel fixed gantry

Post by martin54 »

You can design the parts you want & the toolpath preview should show you what you are going to get when the part is machined, the toolpath preview is very accurate :lol: :lol: :lol:
As others have said there are some test files you can cut if you wish to but if you are already running vcarve pro or desktop then you probably already know what the machine will cut :lol: :lol:

IslaWW
Vectric Wizard
Model of CNC Machine: CNC Controller Upgrades

Post by IslaWW »

BKeith wrote:
Sat Aug 13, 2022 6:09 pm
Thanks, that's basically what I was understanding about it. You have full use of all design use functions of the program, but you can't make it since it won't let you save it to a TAP file. So, the only way you're going to see if you are happy with the final output is to purchase it. I was wondering if they had some sample 3D files you could take all the way to the CNC and cut them out.
Do you have VCarve Pro? The cutting ability and post processors of Aspire are identical to VCPro. The differences lie in the ability to create, manipulate and quantity of 3D models, among others.
Gary Campbell
GCnC Control
ATC & Servo Controller Controller Upgrades
GCnC411 (at) gmail.com