Problems with Aspire V11.014

This forum is for general discussion about Aspire
Indy251278
Model of CNC Machine: Sorotec Hobbyline 7545

Problems with Aspire V11.014

Post by Indy251278 »

Hi

After the update to V11.014, Aspire can no longer be started. The problem has existed since V11.012. It appears in the task manager for about 5 seconds and then disappears without feedback. Even the stat logo cannot be seen. I use Windows 10 Home on a Dell XPS 15 (L502X) i7 computer.

Many greetings
Enno

Rcnewcomb
Vectric Archimage
Model of CNC Machine: 24x36 GCnC/WinCNC with ATC

Re: Problems with Aspire V11.014

Post by Rcnewcomb »

I ran into the same issue. It is probably your anti-virus program. Here was the response I received from Vectric:

Hello Randall,

Many thanks for reporting this to us,

The first thing we can rule out here is to check any Anti virus/security software on your PC. We find that there are some AVs out there
will inadvertently block our program's processes and prevent it from starting as you describe.

Please could you first check the event logs of your AV to see if there has been any activity around the time that you tried to start our software. Then could you attempt to start it again after temporarily pausing protection? If this works then please try to exclude our software from your AVs scanner by adding it to the exceptions whitelist if the software starts.

Antivirus applications get regular updates so it is not uncommon for this to happen suddenly, even if it was working previously. It is possible that an AV update has triggered this and the above exceptions list might help. If this does not work then please let me know and we will move on to the next step.

Many thanks in advance,
- Randall Newcomb
10 fingers in, 10 fingers out, another good day in the shop

Timvmax
Vectric Wizard

Post by Timvmax »

I've got the same issue.
I got the same response from Vectric but I wasn't able to resolve it.
I've gone back to running V11.010 as it works ok for me.
I uninstalled my anti virus and turned off everthing I though might be causing an issue but all to no avail.

SteveNelson46
Vectric Wizard
Model of CNC Machine: Camaster Stinger 1

Post by SteveNelson46 »

I think you need to turn your anti-virus program off before installing the update. Some anti-virus programs may not let the installer write some of the files to the disk during installation.
Steve

CharlieP
Vectric Staff
Model of CNC Machine: Saimsmart CNC

Post by CharlieP »

Hi Indy251278,

As the Forum Members have mentioned, this is appearing to be a conflict with some Antivirus applications.
Development are working on a fix and I have reached out to you on Email with the Fix to test and a way to gather data to help us research the exact cause more directly.

Please check your emails and let us know how you get along with the steps.

Indy251278

Post by Indy251278 »

Hi,

Thanks for the quick support and the many answers. Even the Vectric team contacted me directly by email.

With the English version of the Aspire.exe file, the program runs on 11.014. The German Installer does not work, regardless of whether the virus scanner is on or off. I went back to 11.010 - it works perfectly. I sent the Dump file to Vectric, let's hope that you can fishing out of the 211 MB :)

Incidentally, the Dump file registration from the mail is wrong, I have edited the "Cut2ddesktop" to "Aspire".

Enno..

CharlieP
Vectric Staff
Model of CNC Machine: Saimsmart CNC

Post by CharlieP »

Hi Enno.

Thanks for sending that over for us, and confirming that the .exe worked for the English Version.
The German version crashing is likely a seperate, similar issue so we will look into this now.
I have gotten it over to the team to look into, and thanks for the comment on the dump keys, I have already updated all of these to ensure it does not happen again.

Many thanks
Charlotte

Fab6657
Model of CNC Machine: Sorotec PFE-1000

Post by Fab6657 »

Hello,

I have similar issue, but was on my CNC computer (Win 7, 32bits and Aspire 11.013 installed).
After update to version 11.015, I go same crash of aspire.exe. Appear few seconds in the taskmanager, than dissapear.
Also in my case, no logo was displayed.

On my Windows 10, 64bits from my desk, no issues with the version 11.015, run well.
To mention, I have no Antivirus program running on my CNC computer. It run with less programs as possible to avoid conflicts
during CNC toolpath (run with Mach3).

Could be same reason ?

Thank a lot,

Fabrice

eewhite25
Model of CNC Machine: DIY

Re: Problems with Aspire V11.015

Post by eewhite25 »

I have this same problem
I have a Windows 7 32bit computer CNC computer in my shop, I have Aspire 11.010 which worked fine until I ran the 11.015 patch, and I got a message that he had stopped working. I then uninstalled the entire program reinstalled 11.010 and it worked fine, did the patch again and it has stopped working again. So repeated steps above and left V11.010 on it for now.
I also have a 32/64 Windows 10 computer in my office ran the patch on it and it works great no problems.
Got to be something between 32 and 64bit machines did not have this problem with any other Vectric software
Ed White
Warner Robins, Georgia

Charlie_l
Vectric Craftsman
Model of CNC Machine: CAMaster Stinger II

Re: Problems with Aspire V11.015

Post by Charlie_l »

Same here, won't startup. No Virus software running. Uninstalled, downloaded V11 from my account and reinstalled. Same results. It appears that V11.015 is installed. Windows 7, 32 bit machine

Where can I find version .013 or .014 to try those?
Charlie
Aspire, CAMaster Stinger II

SteveNelson46
Vectric Wizard
Model of CNC Machine: Camaster Stinger 1

Post by SteveNelson46 »

https://www.vectric.com/support/program-updates

It takes a while for Vectric to post the latest version.
Steve

martin54
Vectric Archimage
Model of CNC Machine: Gerber 48, Triac PC, Isel fixed gantry

Post by martin54 »

Rather than patching you could try downloading from your portal account & reinstalling, not sure if it will make any difference but might be worth a try. I would also contact Vectric support if the problem continues :lol: :lol:

support@vectric.com

Fab6657
Model of CNC Machine: Sorotec PFE-1000

Post by Fab6657 »

According your answers, we are more than one with this problem. Let see, certainly Vectric support member will see this post chain, and can support us. I will wait few days, no need my CNC in the next days. If no news at end of the week, I will open an incident ticket at Vectric support.

Thanks for your previous feedbacks, I feel not alone with this issue :)

Fabrice

Indy251278

Post by Indy251278 »

Hi,

the version 11.0.15 runs problem-free with me. thanks again to the forum and to the support.

Best regards
Enno

Charlie_l
Vectric Craftsman
Model of CNC Machine: CAMaster Stinger II

Post by Charlie_l »

Thanks for your comments here. They are all helpful.
I organized my experiences with the 015 update and emailed the documents to support.
I suspect my problem is more my problem than theirs, but maybe they can point me in the right direction.
Charlie
Aspire, CAMaster Stinger II