Can dimensions be printed on save preview image

This forum is for general discussion about Aspire
hmatyas
Vectric Apprentice
Model of CNC Machine: Shark HD3

Can dimensions be printed on save preview image

Post by hmatyas »

Hi

I was working on a simple cutting board with a juice groove and a "sump" (I think it is a rectangular hole that the
juice groove drains to.)
I did a simple drawing with dimensions but I did not know how I can print the preview image along with the dimensions. What I ended up doing was printing the attachment out and adding the dimensions myself. How can I printout the image with dimensions?

Thank you.
Attachments
CuttingBoard.jpg

SteveNelson46
Vectric Wizard
Model of CNC Machine: Camaster Stinger 1

Re: Can dimensions be printed on save preview image

Post by SteveNelson46 »

To the best of my knowledge, you can't add anything to the printed image It's just a snapshot. You would have to edit the image in a third party software program. You can dimension the 2D drawing and print that.
Steve

Adrian
Vectric Archimage
Model of CNC Machine: ShopBot PRS Alpha 96x48

Post by Adrian »

Only way you could add dimensions to the 3D preview is by creating a toolpath that cuts the dimensions into the virtual board.

Jim_in_PA
Vectric Craftsman
Model of CNC Machine: Camaster Stinger II SR-44 (MacOS user)

Post by Jim_in_PA »

Adrian wrote:
Thu Sep 23, 2021 9:32 am
Only way you could add dimensions to the 3D preview is by creating a toolpath that cuts the dimensions into the virtual board.
This what I was going to say...and the technique I've used for putting important information on the drawing. Just make sure these toolpaths are not checked when you go to create your real cutting file(s)... ;)

hmatyas
Vectric Apprentice
Model of CNC Machine: Shark HD3

Post by hmatyas »

Thank you for the ideas, I'm just surprised that there is not an automatic way to do it.

dealguy11
Vectric Wizard
Model of CNC Machine: Anderson Selexx 510

Post by dealguy11 »

If you use the Windows snipping tool in the 2d view you can get a print ready image with dimensions. That's what I always use, then I include a 3d image to show what it will look like. This is true when I provide cabinet drawings using other cabinet software as well. I'll generally provide a plan and elevation view with dimensions, and a 3d view just for show. Unfortunately you can't get an elevation view in the Vectric software, so you might have to be a bit creative about drawing and dimensioning it yourself.
Steve Godding
Not all who wander (or wonder) are lost

4DThinker
Vectric Wizard
Model of CNC Machine: CNC Shark Pro, Probotix Meteor 25" x 50"

Post by 4DThinker »

Although you can't do it with the current version, it might be a good feature to add future versions. Make it a feature you can toggle on and off. There have been several times when having the length and width dimensions in a preview shot would have saved some confusion because the client (students in my case) provided the wrong dimensions or a drawing that didn't match the size of their actual board.

4D