3D modelling job required (PAID)

This forum is for general discussion about Aspire
MRH91
Model of CNC Machine: OPUS CNC

3D modelling job required (PAID)

Post by MRH91 »

Hello

Sorry if this post falls outside the rules of this forum, or if it's in the incorrect location. Please direct me to the correct place if so and I will post it there.

I've been approached to manufacture MDF panelling with a decorative pattern 3D carved into the surface (wave effects). I have VCarve Pro, therefore no knowledge of 3D modelling, so wondered if there was anyone on this forum who is competent and would like to quote me to get the model complete.

Please PM me if you're interested.

Many thanks

Rhys

martin54
Vectric Archimage
Model of CNC Machine: Gerber 48, Triac PC, Isel fixed gantry

Re: 3D modelling job required (PAID)

Post by martin54 »

Have a look at the texture toolpath & the moulding toolpath, this is something that you may be able to do yourself using Vcarve pro with either of those, post a picture of what you are looking for & I am sure someone will be able to help.
The other advantage of using either of those is that 2D toolpaths will machine quicker saving you machining time on the job :lol: :lol:

MRH91

Post by MRH91 »

martin54 wrote:
Thu Sep 16, 2021 5:57 pm
Have a look at the texture toolpath & the moulding toolpath, this is something that you may be able to do yourself using Vcarve pro with either of those, post a picture of what you are looking for & I am sure someone will be able to help.
The other advantage of using either of those is that 2D toolpaths will machine quicker saving you machining time on the job :lol: :lol:
Thanks Martin, i'll take a look.

The trouble I have is the client has asked for a specific look to the texture, so I'll probably be fairly limited to what I could achieve using the standard textures available!

Rhys

martin54
Vectric Archimage

Post by martin54 »

As I said in the other post, if you can post a picture then someone who is good with the texture toolpath or moulding toolpath might be able to help. at the moment it's just a guess :lol: :lol: :lol:

MRH91

Post by MRH91 »

martin54 wrote:
Thu Sep 16, 2021 8:00 pm
As I said in the other post, if you can post a picture then someone who is good with the texture toolpath or moulding toolpath might be able to help. at the moment it's just a guess :lol: :lol: :lol:
Sorry I forgot to add them :lol:

This sort of thing, but doesn't have to be precisely the same.
Panel2.jpg
Panel1.jpg

adze_cnc
Vectric Wizard
Model of CNC Machine: AXYZ 4008

Post by adze_cnc »

You might want to look at this thread: viewtopic.php?f=2&t=33555&p=244130&hilit=wave#p244130

Uses a "V-Carve / Engraving" tool path with large ball-end cutters.

MRH91

Post by MRH91 »

adze_cnc wrote:
Thu Sep 16, 2021 9:56 pm
You might want to look at this thread: viewtopic.php?f=2&t=33555&p=244130&hilit=wave#p244130

Uses a "V-Carve / Engraving" tool path with large ball-end cutters.
Thank you, i'll take a look. :)

dealguy11
Vectric Wizard
Model of CNC Machine: Anderson Selexx 510

Post by dealguy11 »

Adze has hit it. All you need is a v-carve toolpath with a large core-box bit. Magnate sells a 2 1/4" core box bit that would do the job nicely assuming your machine is stout enough to swing it. Vectors will be zig-zags the size you want them. 4" straights set on 8 degree angle works.
Steve Godding
Not all who wander (or wonder) are lost

GEdward
Vectric Craftsman
Model of CNC Machine: 24 X 36 3 Axis

Post by GEdward »

Did this in VCarve Pro 11. You will likely want to tweak the settings a bit but it looks to bear some semblance to what you are looking for.
texture-1.crv
(168.5 KiB) Downloaded 63 times
Ed

dealguy11
Vectric Wizard

Post by dealguy11 »

I only did 3 lines of this, but here's how it works as a v-carve file. This should cut much faster than a texture if you get the right bit.
Attachments
zig zag waves.crv3d
(294 KiB) Downloaded 58 times
Steve Godding

GEdward
Vectric Craftsman

Post by GEdward »

I have VCarve Pro,
I don't think MRH91 can open a crv.3d file with VCarve Pro; at least I can't. Unless I am doing something wrong in which case I would like to know what it is.

Ed

martin54
Vectric Archimage

Post by martin54 »

GEdward wrote:
Fri Sep 17, 2021 7:26 pm
I have VCarve Pro,
I don't think MRH91 can open a crv.3d file with VCarve Pro; at least I can't. Unless I am doing something wrong in which case I would like to know what it is.

Ed
Your not doing anything wrong & your correct Vcarve will not open a CRV3D file, it needs saved as a CRV file from Aspire for it to open in Vcarve, I don't have the software on this machine to do that but I am sure someone else will do it if dealguy11 doesn't see this first :lol: :lol: :lol:

dealguy11
Vectric Wizard

Post by dealguy11 »

Sigh. This was in the Aspire forum and I forgot he said he had VCarve Pro (smacks head). Here it is in .crv format.
Attachments
zig zag waves.crv
(290 KiB) Downloaded 53 times
Steve Godding

Vic-builds
Model of CNC Machine: Avid Pro 5'x5', 4 HP PlugnPlay, Mach4

Post by Vic-builds »

dealguy11 wrote:
Fri Sep 17, 2021 8:37 pm
Sigh. This was in the Aspire forum and I forgot he said he had VCarve Pro (smacks head). Here it is in .crv format.
Steve, just wanted to mention that I've seen your name a bunch of times in the forums since I started learning Aspire. You always give great tips/advice and go above and beyond. This thread is no exception. Thanks for being awesome.

Best,
Vic

GEdward
Vectric Craftsman

Post by GEdward »

Thanks Steve. I too appreciate your expertise and generous contribution to the forum. The best part is that your are not alone in the talent and generosity department. Your collective contributions to this forum help to put Vectric products in first place in terms of overall functionality and user experience IMHO.
I scaled down to 12 X 24, array copied two lines of your vectors and used a 1/2 in. ball end mill to produce this:
texture 1.jpg
Estimated time 51.40
I then tweaked my settings in the texture tool path to get this:
Texture 1b.jpg
Estimated time 40.19
Your rendition appears more crisp being defined by the geometry of the vectors while the texture tool path is a more organic.

Ed