Working & Playing with PartWizard

This forum is for general discussion regarding VCarve Pro
Rcnewcomb
Vectric Wizard
Model of CNC Machine: GCnC/WinCNC

Working & Playing with PartWizard

Post by Rcnewcomb »

It would be great if I could:
a) copy (ctrl-c) my drawing from part wizard and paste (ctrl-v) it into Vcarve wizard ...or...
b) if Vcarve Wizard could read/import .art files from part wizard

Is there a simple/free work-around to move drawings from part wizard into Vcarve wizard?

Paco
Vectric Wizard

Post by Paco »

Hi Rcnewcomb!

I believe COREL can be used in between 'em... but I think that is not what your looking for...

Here a "work-around": toolpath using machine along vector, then convert the SBP to DXF... this is an idea I have had before; you got now to test it! :wink: You'll probably have to edit some of the DXF before using it readily...

I'm afraid PW will never export anything and ART file always change from version to version (even minors; sure PW is not update frequently but others such as Insignia and PRO are...) which keep software editor from liking to fallow the changes I believe...

Gene Rhodes

Post by Gene Rhodes »

Boy it would be so nice to export from pw to v carve and would save me from pulling the rest of hair i have left out.
Is there a way to put text into v carve without importing it . Is there a text tool that could be added for this . it would definately save a ton of time
Gene

RoutnAbout
Vectric Wizard
Model of CNC Machine: Old Bot with a Rope Pull Start Spindle

Post by RoutnAbout »

Gene,

If you don't have Corel Draw or Adobe Illustrator and are just wanting text to add to your projects. DesKam has a program called DeskEngrave that should work for you. http://deskam.com/deskengrave.html

I've used it a few times and works good.
Don
Roll of Honor <-- Never Forget
________
Don

Paco
Vectric Wizard

Post by Paco »

Gene,

be patient and wait VCW V3 or have a look at Inkscape or Open Office Draw. Both are FREE (Open source projects) and will allow you to work text to VCW until V3 get release...