Customisable nesting ???

This forum is for general discussion regarding VCarve Pro
rcjarvis
Vectric Apprentice

Customisable nesting ???

Post by rcjarvis »

Hi Guys, I was wondering if I was the only obe with this fantasy.....

I have a vertical (upright) 5X 10 3 axis with vacumm in the center of the table.When I nest parts, select them and toolpath, the toolpath begins by cutting center, then down... Leaving the vacuum to bleed and sheet weakening progressively till it crumbles...

My take on this was to do multiple toolpaths (top left, top right, bottom left, bottom right , then center) making sure the center toolpath was last in line( to be the last being cutted) and save all toolpaths as one... Could there be a wizard o some sort that would let us set-up our parameters ( origin bottom left, priorize out of center center whatever) and save time...

I know I'm allready spoiled rotten , just a member trying to push he envelope. Then again, if no one else minds... we'll put this thread to the bin...

Dan
Attachments
This is what I get when selecting all lines and creating one toolpath...all cuts begin in  the center,  Leaving the center of the sheet without vacuum, weakend and crumbling before the end of the cut...
This is what I get when selecting all lines and creating one toolpath...all cuts begin in the center, Leaving the center of the sheet without vacuum, weakend and crumbling before the end of the cut...
This iss what I want, all parts cutted away from center, leaving vacuum powerful enough and sheet also strong enough till the end of the cut
This iss what I want, all parts cutted away from center, leaving vacuum powerful enough and sheet also strong enough till the end of the cut
Don't throw it away, carve it !!!!
www.enseignesbp.com

Paco
Vectric Wizard

Re: Customisable nesting ???

Post by Paco »

It won't go to waste I believe. I second your request for manual toolpath ordering. This has been requested before and is currently discussed elsewhere... Sign maker, cabinet maker and more want/need this. We all have found work around but hop for a better solution. Keep in mind that no solution will do your mind in a single clic. Think about it, there's so many different situation where we need to customize the ordering of the toolpath.

rcjarvis
Vectric Apprentice

Re: Customisable nesting ???

Post by rcjarvis »

Well thanks Paco, I think V-carve is being used by more and more cnc operators, although it was meant at first for smaller wood carving hobby shops, we see through this forum, people pushing this software further everyday !!!

Dan
Don't throw it away, carve it !!!!
www.enseignesbp.com