A couple of Wish List items......

This forum is for general discussion regarding VCarve Pro
Peter Stenabaugh
Vectric Craftsman

A couple of Wish List items......

Post by Peter Stenabaugh »

Brian / Tony:

Another wish list item, that may not be too hard to incorporate...

It would be really great if you could add a couple of items to the materials section of Vcarve. I would like to see
materials added for clear Lexan, that many are using for signs etc. such that the cut surface would be opague similar to
the way it actually turns out. Perhaps the clear Lexan might have a very slight cloudiness to it so that it actually shows up.

Another material that would be great to have is coloured mdf. And still another one would be to have veneered mdf, with a choice of multiple veneers, both standard like oak and walnut, but maybe some exotic ones also. Then of course we would need to have the ability to specify the fill colour as well.

The veneered mdf would be a really great feature to add, I think a lot of guys would really like it.

Also just for some information, here is a web link to a site that has a ton of photos of colours and specifications on many, many, exotic hardwoods: http://www.hobbithouseinc.com/personal/ ... s/#letterP

I just thought this might come in handy for you to include some exotic woods for us for veneers or what ever.

Thanks guys,

Pete

js11110
Vectric Wizard

Post by js11110 »

Pete,

You can do this yourself with no problem. Just take a picture of the material you want to add, and put it in the textures folder in VCarvePro. I've done this with different colors of Corian that I work with.

Jason
The Official Vectric Cartographer

You are limited only by your imagination

BrianM
Vectric Staff
Model of CNC Machine: A few ...

Post by BrianM »

Hello Pete,

As Jason has pointed out above you can add your own materials by copying the bitmap to the textures folder in VCarve Pro.
Then of course we would need to have the ability to specify the fill colour as well.
You can currently select any fill colour you like or do you mean something different?

With regard to a 'Lexan' type material unfortunately it would require a substantial amount of work to support transparent materials, so I'm afraid this feature won't be appearing in the near future.

Thanks for the web-site link that is very useful

Regards

Brian

Peter Stenabaugh
Vectric Craftsman

Post by Peter Stenabaugh »

ok, thanks fellows, I will try adding some new materials when I get a chance, kinda busy at the moment, but at least it can be done any time.

Too bad about the lexan though, that would have been a cool material - oh well, one day when you are looking for something to do I guess Brian......lol

Thanks guys.

Pete