New to Vectric and wondering about VectorArt Files

This forum is for general discussion regarding VCarve Pro
mgandy

New to Vectric and wondering about VectorArt Files

Post by mgandy »

I recently got my homemade CNC router up and running and have cut the two free files from VectorArt. My question is what do I need to buy to be able to cut several of the files onto a sign and add some v-carve text to it? Will Cut3D do that alone or do I need VCarve Pro and Cut3D? Can either one of these do both, or do I have to make toolpaths in one and import them to another? What about scaling? Can I import the VectorArt files into VCarve Pro and position them on a sign then scale them? I am truly lost. Any help or pointers would be greatly appreciated. My idea was to position one of the deer files on one side and a duck on the other.

mark296
Vectric Craftsman

Re: New to Vectric and wondering about VectorArt Files

Post by mark296 »

You need at least VCarve Pro to do signs. The 3d files should be setup to size first before importing them in to VCarve Pro.

mgandy

Post by mgandy »

So I should but the files, open them with Cut3d and resize them adjust them, save toolpath, open toolpath in VCP and add text? If that looks right I appreciate it

Turtle49
Vectric Wizard
Model of CNC Machine: 4' EZ-Router and Blurry customs SK25

Post by Turtle49 »

mgandy wrote:So I should buy the files, open them with Cut3d and resize them adjust them, save toolpath, open toolpath in VCP and add text? If that looks right I appreciate it
Close, but you don't save the toolpaths, you save the Cut3D file after the toolpaths are set up and then import the Cut3D file into VCP.

Hope this helps,
Tim
:D
Tim Hornshaw
www.HornshawWoodWorks.com

cabnet636
Vectric Wizard
Model of CNC Machine: CAMaster 508 ATC

Post by cabnet636 »

if you are using vectorart3d file's you can do this with the machinist program that james provides free on his site. i would start with vcarve and go from there.

setup file and tool path in machinist
import to vcarve pro and add text and other features.

jim
James McGrew
http://www.mcgrewwoodwork.com
CAMaster ATC 508 24/7 http://dropc.am/p/EJaKyl

gravirozo
Vectric Wizard

Post by gravirozo »

hi mgandy..

you got on the right place.. among the vectric users... for your models the fastest way the free machinist... on the vectorart3d website.. with that you generate a toolpath and save in machinist format... this format with toolpath can be imported in other vectric programs, as well in the vcarve pro... in the machinist you can set the size as x-y and z, the z available to set separatedly as you can fit for your exist material thickness...
in the vcarve pro you place on your project and all toolpath will be calculated as need in your project...

you can call vcarve pro to signpro too because all signwork need is in the vcarve... you get not only toolpath, but you also get a rendered picture you can show your customers before you cut anything on your router..

if you had any difficulties to setting your machine or with the programs, these are very helpful people on the forum...
in the galleries you can find posted projects even as it help your work with ideas..

also the vectric crew really works 24/7... i saw some post as they posted sunday 7pm...

thanks
viktor