Problem saving toolpath

This forum is for general discussion regarding VCarve Pro
vchawla
Model of CNC Machine: Shapeoko 4 XXL

Problem saving toolpath

Post by vchawla »

I just started running V Carve Pro 11.5 with my Shapeoko 4 XXL. I downloaded a custom post processor to allow me to use the Carbide Bitsetter. I ran two simple jobs the other day with no issue. I began to work on a new design, and when I saved the toolpaths, I had no issue. I uploaded the gcode file into Carbide Motion and everything seemed fine.

My issue is that I've tried to create two additional separate jobs - one is a simple 7-inch circle out, and the other is a flattening job using a raster pattern. For each job, the preview toolpath shows the appropriate toolpath. When I save the toolpaths, the files themselves are 2kb, have no information, and when I try to upload them into Carbide Motion, it is stuck at a default job time of 56 minutes (there is no job to be done, the toolpath isn't saving anything).

I've uninstalled the post processors and reinstalled them. Same thing. Any help is appreciated. Thank you.

martin54
Vectric Archimage
Model of CNC Machine: Gerber 48, Triac PC, Isel fixed gantry

Re: Problem saving toolpath

Post by martin54 »

How are you sending the jobs to your machine? If you have run jobs without any problems then I would start by looking at how you are saving your files, if you use a USB stick or similar then try a different one & make sure you remove it safely from the computer using the windows tool :lol: :lol:
You could also try opening the file in something like notepad & checking to see if anything at all in the file