I cant find tool data base on windows pro 11

This forum is for general discussion regarding VCarve Pro
Habitat
Vectric Apprentice
Model of CNC Machine: HD520

I cant find tool data base on windows pro 11

Post by Habitat »

hey all...

i wanted to save my tool data base onto an external hard drive for safe keeping now that i have added freud tool bits and amana tool bits to my v carve pro software... but i am having trouble finding the file in my windows c- program files - v carve pro section... any suggestions?

the google search was useless

Thx from Nic out of Nashville TN

:)

one of these days ill be a pro like all of u...

Adrian
Vectric Archimage
Model of CNC Machine: ShopBot PRS Alpha 96x48

Re: I cant find tool data base on windows pro 11

Post by Adrian »

Go to the File menu and choose Open Application Data Folder. You can take a copy of the ToolDatabase folder. If you have any customised post processors you should back up the My_PostP folder as well.

However the simplest and most future proof way to back up the database is to use the cloud features (look on the top row of the database form) which will keep a copy of your database on Vectrics servers.

To keep an easy to load version on your own drives you can use the export functions (bottom left of the database form).

martin54
Vectric Archimage
Model of CNC Machine: Gerber 48, Triac PC, Isel fixed gantry

Re: I cant find tool data base on windows pro 11

Post by martin54 »

The reason you are having trouble finding it on the C drive is that it is in a hidden folder on the C drive called ProgramData :lol: :lol:

This folder is hidden on windows machines by default & you need to enable show hidden folders in the view menu at the top of the screen when you have the C drive directory on the screen :lol: :lol:

As Adrian has said there are other ways to copy the tool database & using the cloud function is also well worth using :lol: :lol: